cleaning products in Australia preferably Melb or Sydney

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jodie

cleaning products in Australia preferably Melb or Sydney

#1 Post by jodie »

Hi,

I had my braces put on last Friday. Still a little tender but no need for pain releif now.
Do any Aussies know of any places other than dentakit to purchase there pick and cleaning products.
I would love to know.
Jodie

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi Jodie and welcome.

I believe the waterpik is not available locally, but I know that KK has one, so I'm sure she'll let you know where she got it.

I made up my own kit which includes interdens brushes, superfloss, wax, a mirror, toothpaste and brush. I buy the interdens brushes, superfloss and toothbrush at the pharmacy, and get all the wax I need from my ortho. You can also buy wax at the supermarket, where all the other dental products are. I bought a pocket mirror early on in the piece and this has been a godsend when I'm out and about.

jodie

#3 Post by jodie »

Thanks everyone.
I have sent and email to Dentakit asking for the shipping costs and aud conversions.
I have heard good things about these and they appear to be small enoughtotake to work and travel. Still a bit confused with flossing (never done it before) but thinking positive and I will get there.
Jodie