For those who had extractions??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

For those who had extractions??

#1 Post by newmetal »

How long was it before your gaps were closed?

Newmetal

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

3 months and counting!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

*boom!*

#3 Post by *boom!* »

I had my extractions a few weeks ago and it's so awkward to talk a long time...I get tired. My daughter likes to get 10 books from the library and try to read them all at once. I had to tag team my hubby last time. I'm hoping the gap closing doesn't take too long or I will have a sad daughter. :D
[/url]

Willz

#4 Post by Willz »

I still have gaps :(

SimInsomniac

#5 Post by SimInsomniac »

I still have some extraction gaps after 16 months. :evil:

macca

#6 Post by macca »

Hi Newmetal,
My ortho is going to be closing two extraction gaps in my lower arch using mini-screws, and he has told me the timeframe would be 1mm movement per month.
Don't know if this applies for everyone and every type of case.

spimpy

#7 Post by spimpy »

My top gaps were completely closed after 6 months. I'm still working on the bottom ones. It'll be a year in April since I've had my braces...

Not one regret...

nita

#8 Post by nita »

I had four premolars extracted in March, the ortho started working on closing them 6 months later, in September.

Now (3 months later), 3 of the 4 have closed and the last one has about 1-2 mm to go.

So 9 months into treatment and most of my gaps have closed. Here's hoping the last one gets there soon!
Top brackets and spacers on 2/17/06
Molar bands on 3/6/06
Extractions and full braces 3/27/06
Update: 22-24 months total time in braces!

Raspberry

#9 Post by Raspberry »

I'm at 10 months since my extractions the teeth have moved about half way into the gap, but opened more gaps on the their journey... my ortho only started closing the gaps about 2 months ago.

JumpTheDitch

#10 Post by JumpTheDitch »

2 x upper second bicuspids extracted in mid Jan 2006; one gap has just about closed (using powerchains only), the other one is about halfway there, I can still fit my tongue into it.

LadyTr0uble

#11 Post by LadyTr0uble »

a little under 5 weeks and the gap is cut in half
but after my last adjustment, there is a teeny gap on the other side of my tooth (I swear it wasn't there till after my adjustment). guess my ortho will have to scoot the tooth over to make room for the next one over to rotate?? teeth move so quickly, it's scary

Gennel

#12 Post by Gennel »

My extraction gaps for my top teeth closed pretty fast in my opinion.I had 6-7mm gaps and it took about 2.5 to 3 months to close them. I dont have an archwire on the bottom teeth so I don't know how long it will take the bottom gaps to close.

Gennel

BlueeyedManda

#13 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I had my top two premolars out the end of May and there is a tiny space where they were. You can probably fit a nickel in there sideways. They used those retraction wires. As annoying and big as they were, they did a fast job. They did create some pain though, all worth it.