Tommorrow is my day

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dymond25

Tommorrow is my day

#1 Post by dymond25 »

Hello,

The time has finally arrived for me to get braces. First thing tomorrow morning, I will get my braces . I am so excited. This is the only Xmas gift that I want. Is there any advice that you guys can give me for tomorrow?

Thanks,

Rachael

Hawa

#2 Post by Hawa »

Hi Rachael!

wel im still thinking about getting braces so dont know much, But I think KK suggests to rinse with salty water a lot!!

btw did how many Ortho consultations did you have before you settled on the one you have?

Anyway all the best for tomorrow and hope it goes ok.

Hawa

Amburly

#3 Post by Amburly »

Hey good luck tomorrow!!! I hope everything goes really well. Keep everyone posted on your progress.

dymond25

#4 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks, I had one consult. I was referred to my Ortho he been in the business for over 20 years. He is an old guy, but I like it that way bc he is experienced. I have heard a lot of great things about him.

Tin Indian

#5 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D Congratulations Rachael! Don't forget to use lip balm and to do a potty break beforehand. Glad your'e getting an early xmas present you will always remember.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Samantha19

Re: Tommorrow is my day

#6 Post by Samantha19 »

dymond25 wrote:Hello,

The time has finally arrived for me to get braces. First thing tomorrow morning, I will get my braces . I am so excited. This is the only Xmas gift that I want. Is there any advice that you guys can give me for tomorrow?

Thanks,

Rachael
Hi there,

I just got them today myself so I am new as well. Someone already mentioned it but keep plenty of lip balm around.

ahamiam1

#7 Post by ahamiam1 »

I just got mine on Monday and the best advice I can give is relax! Just go in there and relax while the docs do their thing. And love your braced smile, it is great! Also, as has already been said, make sure you take a potty break before your appointment and make sure that you are well hydrated before the appointment. Drink lots of water and put vaseline or your favorite lip balm on your lips beforehand. The lips tend to get a bit dry during the procedure. Can't wait to hear about the new you!!!

dymond25

#8 Post by dymond25 »

Sound like the lip balm is very important. I will have to make sure I get a good one; I hate having dry lips.

Samantha, I noticed you said you are newly braced as of today. Can you share your experience with me? Is your mouth sore? Does your mouth feel weird?

dymond25

#9 Post by dymond25 »

ahamiam1 wrote:I just got mine on Monday and the best advice I can give is relax! Just go in there and relax while the docs do their thing. And love your braced smile, it is great! Also, as has already been said, make sure you take a potty break before your appointment and make sure that you are well hydrated before the appointment. Drink lots of water and put vaseline or your favorite lip balm on your lips beforehand. The lips tend to get a bit dry during the procedure. Can't wait to hear about the new you!!!
Thanks. Have you had any tenderness or soreness due to your braces? What did your Ortho advise you not to eat?

ahamiam1

#10 Post by ahamiam1 »

Yeah, there is a bit of tenderness. When I put the wax on my front braces, if I press too hard, I definitely feel it. Flossing is difficult right now b /c I have lower crowding and when I put the floss in between my teeth and wiggle it around, it is very uncomfortable to say the least. It is a lot of pressure, but not really pain. Ibuprofen takes care of it. As far as eating goes, nothing that you have to bite into. only soft foods and those that you can put into the back of your mouth rather than having to use your front teeth to chew. I am finding that right now I am chewing with my mouth open and I find it truly disgusting as I am super obsessive about "mouth noises" during eating. I keep apologizing to my husband and he says he doesn't notice at all. Maybe it is just me being self-conscious :?:
As far as lip balm goes, I love just plain old vaseline. You can put some into a little pill box and carry it with you. It is really the best! (for me anyway....I have been using it for years and it makes the lips ever so soft!)
Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear all about it :D

dymond25

#11 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks Everyone,

It is 5:00 a.m. here and I am already up. I am so excited like a little child on Xmas day. lol

I will get these posts as a guide for me, b/c I am sure I will need to refer back to them. I can not wait to share my braces experience with you all :)!!!

karebear46168

#12 Post by karebear46168 »

Good luck Racheal!
I am waiting for my brace day so I am waiting to hear how it goes!

Merry Christmas!

iBorg

#13 Post by iBorg »

congrats on taking the plunge!

You have started a process(most people on this forum refer to it as a journey) that hopefully will make a positive improvement for the rest of your life.

Take pictures before the braces, and pictures in the first two days with braces. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

dymond25

I Am Braced :)

#14 Post by dymond25 »

Yep, I have fully joined the braced club. I went in this morning at 9 a.m. and was out at 10:45 a.m. The lip strecther is weird. Everything went really well. My Ortho decided not use the upper palate expander. He says he believe my arch wire will get the job done. I have clear bands. They gave the do and don't instructions and sent me on my way. My mouth definently feels different, but I am happy that I have taken the plunge. Thanks everyone for your support I went in there nervous and quickly realized that I had nothing to be worried about.

For everyone that is waiting, I say go for it and don't be nervous.

rachael

iBorg

#15 Post by iBorg »

Rachael:
Glad it went so well.

Try to eat. Exercise will help your teeth get used to their new wardrobe. As for flossing, Crest make a GlideStrip that is designed fro brace wearers. I doubt I'd be able to floss without it. It should be available at most large drug stores and chains. If you can't find it, Dentakit.com has it.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.