Tommorrow is my day

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sbebs

#16 Post by Sbebs »

Congrats Dymond! Your finally in the club! I'll join you in a week. Glad to hear it went by so fast.

Braced with 3M Clarity ceramics, except molar brackets in metal
Uppers 1/10/07 Lowers 3/8/07 Estimated 18 months

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

dymond25

#17 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks Everyone,

iBorg I found a product called Superfloss by Oral-B and so far this is easy for me to use. Hopefully, I will be able to continue using this once the mouth tenderness comes. Right now, it feels weird eating and I am not really sure about what I can eat. Can we eat soft pizza? Can we eat Chex mix. I feel like I have to give up all my foods. I tried eated some Frost Wheat cereal earlier and that was just to weird feeling. It felt like it was gettting stuck in my teeth so I opted for some apple sauce instead. Can we eat salad? I am hungry. :twisted:

dymond25

#18 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks Everyone,

iBorg I found a product called Superfloss by Oral-B and so far this is easy for me to use. Hopefully, I will be able to continue using this once the mouth tenderness comes. Right now, it feels weird eating and I am not really sure about what I can eat. Can we eat soft pizza? Can we eat Chex mix. I feel like I have to give up all my foods. I tried eated some Frost Wheat cereal earlier and that was just to weird feeling. It felt like it was gettting stuck in my teeth so I opted for some apple sauce instead. Can we eat salad? I am hungry. :twisted:

ahamiam1

#19 Post by ahamiam1 »

yeah for getting braced! I am still eating soft foods, lots of soups, a bit of ice cream ( I reallly prefer salty stuff, so the ice cream is not going over well with me!). I tried to eat a soft biscuit with some sausage and egg but it took me forever to eat it. That is the most frustrating part I think. But I am feeling more and more able to eat normal stuff every day, takes getting used to the really weird feeling and like I said earlier, I hate the mouth noises and feel gross! (a little OCD when it come to this as I have moved tables at restaurants because people sitting next to me are so disgusting w/ table manners) Right now I really want a sandwich, but I think it will be awhile before that happens.

I really wish that I had taken before pictures. One of my front teeth that was pushed behind the others has already moved up and is nearly aligned. My hubby even noticed it. I can't believe it is happening so fast! Good luck and hope you continue to feel great :)

dymond25

#20 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks Ahamiam1,

Yes, eating feel weird and my gum are tender now. I am going to check out this forum for the thread on soft food. That is great that you are seeing movement. I did not take before photos either, but I know having braces will be worth it at the end.

dymond25

#21 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks KK, I can not wait to eat normal again.

MarvinBrace

#22 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hello dymond25,

Welcome to the club.
I hope you have a painless journey with your braces. :lol:
I hope you pst pics. so we can see your before and after treatment.
:wink:
Bye...Marvin

dymond25

#23 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks Marvin, I did not take before photos, but I will take some of braces today. How is your treatment going? Are you able to eat yet? I notice your 4 days P.O. ?

MarvinBrace

#24 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi dymond25,

Yes I have to say that until now I'm one of the lucky ones. I eat everything (nothing hard), I can chew, don't have any pain, don't use wax nor OTC meds.
BUT my only problem is my speech. Pretty bad lisp. But many members told that this is something that will get better. I hope that it counts for me too. :wink:
Hope everything is OK with you too. 8)

Bye....Marvin

dymond25

#25 Post by dymond25 »

Marvin sounds like your just lucky. I took a OTC med today so I could eat at my son b-day party. I have not needed to use wax today, but use it all day yesterday. I hope your lisp improves for you.

jennielee81

#26 Post by jennielee81 »

WOW!! CONGRATS!!

If your Chex mix has no nuts, go ahead and eat it. I also am a chex mix fan! Love the salty crunchy things in life. :D

I've told my family if rocks were salty, I'd eat them! :wink:

Keep us updated on your progress and visit often with your questions and advice!

WELCOME!

Jenn
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

dymond25

#27 Post by dymond25 »

Thank you Jennielee. I tried some chex today but my mouth was too tender. I will try them again at a later date. Right now, I am having a smoothie :). I see your almost done with your braces; I know you must be overly joyed.

lionfish

#28 Post by lionfish »

Folks, what is chex mix?

jennielee81

#29 Post by jennielee81 »

"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

lionfish

#30 Post by lionfish »

Thanks for the link, jennielee.

Looks like a potential braces buster. Ha ha!!