Can I still drink Tea and Coffee with clear brackets

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jodie

Can I still drink Tea and Coffee with clear brackets

#1 Post by jodie »

I have been braced for a week now with clear brackets on top and bottom. I have tried to be good with what foods I eat so not to stain.

Can I still drink Tea and coffee?. I have been having daily headaches from zero caffenne.

PLease - someone tell me I can

jodie

#2 Post by jodie »

Dear kk,

Thank yous much. I am going to buy a nice strong coffee tomorrow morning. I have found your OTT cleaning process on a previous post and have starting doing that.
I will also get a whitening toothpase and give it a go.
Is this why you begin your treatment with the Listerine Whitening rinse?

Thanks and sorry for all the ????

Jodie

smile2006

#3 Post by smile2006 »

Hi-

I have full ceramic on top and bottom. I have had wire ties the whole time instead of ligs. These are great because they don't stain. I've had power chains on and off. If you are going for a low visibility/low stain color for powerchains or ligs, try pearl or light silver. Both have not stained from things like coffee. The light silver is slightly less visible than the pearl. The brackets themselves don't stain at all. I have the "Inspire Ice" brackets.

Someone a while back mentioned drinking coffee with a straw. I do this if I am at home just in case! If I were to do braces again (and lets hope not), I'd choose metal. The clear ones are not quite what I was hoping for! Hopefully they will be gone by May.

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Eat and drink to your heart's content! Kiwi is right!!

I have to share a funny staining story with you though:

I did find something that stained my brackets :shock: ....if only temporarilly.

I made an amazing RED VELVET CHEESECAKE. Even after brushing, the edges of my brackets were still red!

At the time I was thinking, "oh no! But, it was SO WORTH IT!!" After brushing 2 more times with a whitening toothpaste I was still a little red. By morning, all was gone back to normal. I will still eat that beautiful thing, but only at night! And, only when there is no company in the house. :oops:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm