Tommorrow is my day

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

#46 Post by iBorg »

As for teeth not lining up, I had abou a month where I chewed with my top teeth and my lower archwire. Even today the right set of molars do 80% of my chewing. I know it will get better. Already my TMJ pains last enough to be a pain and not a headache. The process isn't without a few diffuculties but it a process I'm glad I atarted.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

dymond25

#47 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks Everyone,

I know it wil get better thanks to this forum. I can not wait to say I ate a cookie. I did manage to eat some potato salad (yummy) and some sweet potato pie. I guess I should not complain, at least I am able to chew somewhat better now. I never thought eating could be so sloppy though. lol Later on I am going to have a protein shake with a banana in it. Did you all have to force yourself to chew in the beginning even with the pain?

lionfish

#48 Post by lionfish »

dymond25 wrote:Did you all have to force yourself to chew in the beginning even with the pain?
I probably was conscious of chewing in the early days. It takes everyone a while to adjust to eating with all the hardware in one's mouth. I was no exception.

But life goes on.

A soft food diet was always going to be short lived with me because I love to eat and go out often with friends.

I was presented with pizza on day 3, which I managed by cutting it up into small pieces. It was a bit of a struggle, but I got it down. A week later I was out to dinner at a Greek restaurant and had to cope with lamb, squid and various other chewy foods. It had got a bit better by then.

A balanced diet is important for overall health and good humour. I'd wean myself off the protein shakes and introduce some chewy foods now. Have a piece of turkey, 'tis the season to celebrate.

dymond25

#49 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks lionfish, I will give solid foods a try. I hope every had a Merry Xmas. Good night :).