one week to go and brace day is upon me EEKS!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hd2755

one week to go and brace day is upon me EEKS!

#1 Post by hd2755 »

Jan 2 is the day my life changes for hopefully the better and it is one week away. i have one hurdle to cover a last minute visit to the doc to get the all clear and hopefully i get the all clear. my emotions are running the gambet from excited about them to well just about hitting the last digit on the phone number of the office and calling it off, what to do? is this normal? i want this to go as smooth as possible. well i will report on thursday when i get the all clear for braces for next tuesday.

Louis

dymond25

#2 Post by dymond25 »

Hello,

Yes, it is normal to be nervous. I got braced on Dec. 21st and I was so nervous. I missed my Ortho parking lot three times. Mind you that I been there serveral time. There is nothing to be nervous about seriously. Earlier in the week, I questioned myself as to whether I made the right choice. I am happy to say that I believe that I have. The only struggle I have faced thus far is the mouth tenderness; however, it has improved significantly and I am happy to say I can eat now. You will be fine. I can proudly announce that I am happy that I decided to get braced. I have noticed small changes already. I patiently await your brace day and the outcome.

Good luck,
rachael

missing_tooth

#3 Post by missing_tooth »

Relax, I got braced yesterday. Ok, not really, but it feels that way. Like you I was very very nervous. Nervous about getting braced, nervous knowing the process involved surgery. I don't think slept much the night before. You'll most likely walk out of the place and think, wow... I was worried for nothing.

Relax, nothing to stress over.

- missing tooth -

MsViola

#4 Post by MsViola »

You are so lucky to have already made it to your day. I get braced on 1-17-07. The closer it gets the more I wonder if I am really ready for this. I find something new to stress over everyday.

MsViola
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months