Scheduled for Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dawnm

Scheduled for Braces

#1 Post by dawnm »

I've been contemplating braces for a few years and finally decided to go for it. I'm scheduled to get Damon braces (and bite turbos) on Feb 1. Treatment time is estimated at 24 months.

I'm very nervous and am second-guessing my decision. I know the end result will be great, but I'm not looking forward to the inconveniences! I've been reading about the turbos, and they sound horrible... and 24 months sounds like such a long time! I suspect that it's normal to be nervous, right? Are the turbos really as horrible as they sound?

dawnm

#2 Post by dawnm »

Thanks for the great advice. I know that this is a good thing for me to be doing..... it's just the "unknown" that has gotten me a little apprehensive!!

Jembrace

#3 Post by Jembrace »

Dawn, it's okay to be nervous. I was nervous, too, but also excited. Now that I have my braces, I feel like I've started a wonderful journey to better dental health. Hang in there and keep reading these boards. You'll find a LOT of support here!

Jembrace
1st wire change June 2007

~No dream is ever lost if we never cease to try~
Moody Blues

bckydgardnr

#4 Post by bckydgardnr »

Hi Dawn,
It has been 2 years today that I made the decision to get braces. (It will be 2 years on Jan 18 that I got them on) I understand the butterflies. Just keep telling yourself how much it is worth it. Once you get the braces on the time flies and before you know it your ortho will be doing those final touches to take them off. Keep reading the boards...it helps you to not feel like you are going through it alone.

Good luck!
Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

turrrtlelove22

#5 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Don't worry once you are in that chair your nerves will disappear!!!...Good luck!!!... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!