new apparatus, it HURTS! (pic)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Xcentric

new apparatus, it HURTS! (pic)

#1 Post by Xcentric »

This things is killing me. My tongue now has a very painful indentation on it. I have no clue what to do.
Image :cry:
Lady Xcentric

Braces on February 9, 2006
Two Extractions April 20, 2006
Tongue bar added December 19, 2006
Next Appt. February 1, 2007

Clo

#2 Post by Clo »

Eh, this is a strange place to wear your pearl jewelry ?!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I had a TPA some time ago. Had this painful tongue too for about 10 days.
Then all of a sudden, the pain went away. But the indentation stayed for as
long as I had this TPA. So, try to be patient, it will be much better soon !

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I have a TPA and it hurt like hell for about a week, and then suddenly got better. Keep up the salt rinses and perhaps try an OTC oral anaesthetic to numbe the pain a bit.

Xcentric

#4 Post by Xcentric »

Yep it's to relocate my tongue. I was told that if my tongue doesn't stop pushing on my teeth it could reverse most of the corrections already made. Thanks for the advise. The pain actually gradually increased. I guess I was so worried about my new speech impediment that I didn't notice that it hurt. I always forget to ask my ortho questions like "how long does this thing have to stay in?" How long did you guys where yours?
Lady Xcentric

Braces on February 9, 2006
Two Extractions April 20, 2006
Tongue bar added December 19, 2006
Next Appt. February 1, 2007