Getting ready for braces...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

osubeanbags

Getting ready for braces...

#1 Post by osubeanbags »

Hey everybody! I'm a college student who is getting ready for journey (hopefully short) of braces. I've already been through X-rays, molds, and all that other fun stuff, now I just have to wait until February when I have the last consultation and the actual fitting.

I CANNOT wait until the braces actually go on. If I could have them installed tomorrow, I would. However, the holidays and the Championship Game (GO BUCKEYES!) have caused a bit of a wait until this happens. This is where my question comes in ... did anybody else feel almost depressed about their teeth before they got braces? My teeth aren't horrible, but whenever think about them I feel somewhat sick. I've noticed that I don't even smile anymore for pictures if there's any chance of my teeth showing. There's something painful about seeing people with straight, pearly white teeth hahaha. I can't wait for them to go on ... I think just having the braces put on my teeth will make me feel better just for the fact that I'll know my smile's improving.

Also, I have to let the orthodontist know whether I want ceramic or metal. I was wondering what you all thought about this. Ceramic would be a little extra money (something a college student doesn't stumble upon much haha), but they're less noticeable, too. I know it's probably more of a personal decision, but I was wondering what your experiences were with either.

Sorry for this long, rambling post, I don't mean to bombard you with all of these questions ... I'm just so happy to have stumbled upon this site and all of its helpful and kind posters ... I've already read quite a few of the posts on here - awesome stuff, really helps out :D Any comment would be greatly appreciated!

EramusBraces

#2 Post by EramusBraces »

Hm...I don't think I was depressed about my teeth, but I was like, "Last time I'll eat this...and drink this..."
Haha, and I took a picture of my teeth before and after the braces. I'm just starting my journey into braces, and I think it's totally worth it. ^^

osubeanbags

#3 Post by osubeanbags »

Denise, you're amazing hahaha. Your response just made me feel a lot better. I couldn't rephrase it any better ... that is exactly how I feel! I was hoping that somebody else on here knew what I was feeling :D.

How long have you had braces? Hopefully they're coming along quite nicely! Thanks again for the response, actually made me smile!

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't notice the timeline in your sig before :oops: