Flu and Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amy19

Flu and Braces

#1 Post by Amy19 »

Hi

Well i haven't complained about the whole braces journey until now, i have had flu for the last 5 days and the braces make it so much worse! Everytime i sneeze i bite down which kills because my uppers hit my lowers. My mouth is constantly dry eventhough im drinking sooo much. Throwing up in braces isnt the nicest thing either :oops:

and to make it worse i have my 1st adjustment on saturday and i really dont want to cancel it because i have been waiting 2 months to change my ligs! and i dont want to delay anything with my treatment.

sorry for the rant. I hope no one else is ill :D

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Flu is bad news :( I hope you soon start to improve a bit, and are well enough for your adjustment on Saturday.
Would it be worth giving your ortho a call though as maybe he might be able to fit you in next week or something?
Flu can really wipe you out and you might not feel upto an adjustment, especially if you're still sneezing and can't breathe through your nose? Your ortho might not appreciate the sneezing either!

Hope you soon feel better!

Kodius Champion

#3 Post by Kodius Champion »

That's craptactular, Amy. :(

I've got a nasty cold right now myself, though I haven't been puke-ish (yet!). I also got a new, stronger archwire on my bottoms yesterday, with loops and all. Today I'm in a world of pain, and everytime I sneeze, I jam my tongue into my teeth.

So my tongue hurts, my teeth hurt, I can't breathe, and I'm sneezing all over the place.

Here's to sickness solidarity! :lol:

srg1977

#4 Post by srg1977 »

Solidarity indeed! I had a stomach flu before christmas, and caught a sinus cold that's lasted for the last week or so. It really sucks! The pounding and pressure in my head is worse than the pain of the braces, so it's a distraction, I guess. My next adjustment isn't for another 2 weeks, so I hope that i'm better by that time. The last thing i'd want to do is sneeze right when they are changing wires - OUCH!

srg1977

#5 Post by srg1977 »

Solidarity indeed! I had a stomach flu before christmas, and caught a sinus cold that's lasted for the last week or so. It really sucks! The pounding and pressure in my head is worse than the pain of the braces, so it's a distraction, I guess. My next adjustment isn't for another 2 weeks, so I hope that i'm better by that time. The last thing i'd want to do is sneeze right when they are changing wires - OUCH!

Amy19

#6 Post by Amy19 »

Well ive decided to go tomorrow and get my new pink ligs! i can now breathe through my nose and i think its starting to clear up (fingers crossed!) Whats soooo annoying is that there is nothing that can really help you through flu except rest, i am soo bored of my bedroom right now i thought it wasnt possible!
i hope everyone else is getting over illnesses ok and surviving there adjustments! lets hope mine is over very quickly tomorrow.

thanks everyone :D

amy x