You've come a long way, baby! (Pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kodius Champion

You've come a long way, baby! (Pics)

#1 Post by Kodius Champion »

Although initially disappointed that I wasn't seeing any movement in my lower arch, I decided to compare my pictures from 3 weeks braced vs. 17 weeks braced. Needless to say, it was encouraging! :lol:

3 Weeks in:

17 Weeks in:

They can't go after Wonky Tooth (yeah, you know which one THAT is!) until my arch is finally in position, so it'll be at least another month before I can even get a spring. Let's just hope it decides to move into place quickly -- my orthognathic surgery is supposed to be in May! :shock:

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Wow Kodius Champion

They are really great comparison pics. I can't wait until there is enough room for my lower hidden incisor to get onto the archwire. I am still at the early spring stage. Your teeth are looking great. Previously you said that we might be tooth twins, in which case we are not identical twins, you teeth are definitely the better looking of the twins.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Kodius Champion

#3 Post by Kodius Champion »

Thanks guys, I think so too. It makes this whole business seem worthwhile after all! :D
... your teeth are definitely the better looking of the twins.
Heh, and to think I've always considered myself the ugly one! :wink:

drazda

#4 Post by drazda »

Your wonky tooth looks a lot like mine when I started!

Before with spring:

After:
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Kodius Champion

#5 Post by Kodius Champion »

Nice, drazda!

Roughly how long did it take to get from wonky to in-line?

braced4asmile

#6 Post by braced4asmile »

That is really AWESOME progress! You must be so excited to look at those pictures and see what progress you've made in a short amount of time. YEAH!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

Mmmmuuaa

#7 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Great progress! Thanks for the pictures, very encouraging to the rest of us.

Jembrace

#8 Post by Jembrace »

WOW, great progress, looking good!!!!! I've got sort of a wonky tooth, it was bracketed a week after my first brackets and wires were put on. There is a time for everything and soon you'll have that wonky tooth being forced into submission! Good luck!

Jembrace
1st wire change June 2007

~No dream is ever lost if we never cease to try~
Moody Blues

Kittysopretty

#9 Post by Kittysopretty »

They look beautiful! :D

drazda

#10 Post by drazda »

It didn't take long, Kodius. I wore a spring for 2 months, then my wonky tooth was bracketed and was in place in less than 2 months.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!