Learning how to speak with braces!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tinseltownusa

Learning how to speak with braces!

#1 Post by tinseltownusa »

Help! I go back to school in 2 days and I barely can speak with my braces. I can't get my lips to form words everything is so tight!

turrrtlelove22

#2 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

SING outloud!!!...lol...it helped me tons!!! When I first got mine I talked with my lips jutted outlike a duck!!! So I started singing outloud and in the mirror whenever I was at home and in the car...haha...sounds wierd but it worked for me...hehe...Give it a try... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Granola

#3 Post by Granola »

Reading aloud really helped me (I read a lot to my son, and it really has helped me so much, especially when I first got braces and then again when I had bite turbos).

Good luck (and don't worry, this will pass).
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check