Sick of these things..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

Sick of these things..

#1 Post by newmetal »

ive been wearing them four months now and have seen nearly no movement, this coupled with the embarrassment of wearing the things narks me off if im honest.

Newmetal

gnashers87

#2 Post by gnashers87 »

I know the feeling, just had my 23rd adjustment and been told to expect another year in braces at the very least, despite the fact that I am already 6 months over schedule. :cry:

Ah well, I guess eventually it will all be for the best however for the moment they are just making my life miserable.

ngbraces

#3 Post by ngbraces »

Same here! Almost 3 months. The gap didn't shrink a bit. The inward tooth even gets more inward and keeps biting my tongue :evil:

macca

#4 Post by macca »

Hi Newmetal,

Tough it out and perservere on, it'll be worth it in the end. I'm about 5 months behind where I expected to be in my ortho treatment and sometimes I feel the same way as you, but I try to remember why I started this and focus on the end result. If it takes a bit longer than anticipated, at least it will be a good result in the end.

All the best.

Way Too Old For This

#5 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I've seen lots of movement and tons of improvement but I admit I'm kind of getting sick of them too since movement has leveled off. I think that is compounded by the boredom of nothing new happening.

So I can understand. Nothing to balance out the negatives. Cheer up, though, you should start seeing stuff happening soon. And it seems once movement starts to be noticeable, you notice changes almost everyday. That is fun.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Hang in there, newmetal, it's not forever and you will start to see improvements some time soon.

katmc_tx

#7 Post by katmc_tx »

I feel your pain. I just had one of the worst adjustments and I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary. I'm sooooooo way beyond ready to get these $$%^&&%$## things off. Originally I was told I might be in them 1 year and then six months in I was told 18 to 24 months.
Lets just say I was not a happy camper after that news and if its any longer than that my ortho and I are going to sit down and have a nice little chat. :twisted:
Good luck with your treatment.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!