24-30months - cost

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

koooba

24-30months - cost

#1 Post by koooba »

I was quoted at my consult today around just over $7200+ Cdn, that's around $6300 US, for 24-30months.

Just wondering if this is a bit steep than most.
I'm thinking it is, but then again, that's why I'm posting.

Thanks. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

TuZZi

#2 Post by TuZZi »

I'm paying $6,000 CDN for 18 months, so if you go by dollars alone, then you're doing pretty good, or I'm getting totally shafted! haha

Your dollar amount usually depends on your exact treatment though, it won't be the same for everyone.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

koooba

#3 Post by koooba »

Actually my mistake, $7500, for 24-30.
I wouldn't look at it as getting shafted...how about "corrected"? :lol:

*throws tomato at self* :roll:

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Hi Koooba, :D
Denise is right. You don't pay for the time, you pay for the correction. Mine was pretty straight forward, braces and retainers for 18-20 months and it cost me $5,700 USD.

My daugher has braces for 24 months but also has headgear and a bite block which adds to the cost. Hers were quoted at $6,500 USD, but her ortho gave us a discount since all our kids went there and they know we don't have insurance.

What are you having done? Are there any additional appliances? Is your ortho's office REALLY REALLY fancy? All this figures into your cost. BUT it sounds like it's within the boundaries of "normal".
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

TheSarahMonster

#5 Post by TheSarahMonster »

Mine were 4425$ USD. I'll have 24-30 months, which includes a molar distalization appliance and a nance appliance, ceramic uppers and metal lowers and retainers. My insurance paid for $1500 of that so my out of pocket was $2,665.....

manglemouth

#6 Post by manglemouth »

I am 24-30 months too. Quoted $5450, after insurance $3718

rexthedestroyer

#7 Post by rexthedestroyer »

I hate to brag, but my treatment only cost $2200. I got hooked up by my Asian coworker with a Chinese doc that has super cheap prices. He practices in the Chinese community here in SoCal. Anyone live in the Los Angeles area can PM and I will give you his contact..

SDFD TSchott

#8 Post by SDFD TSchott »

$2200 that is nothing compared to my low price of $2750 with 50% off that making it a total value of $1375! Here in San Diego Cali

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

manglemouth

#9 Post by manglemouth »

$2200 that is nothing compared to my low price of $2750 with 50% off that making it a total value of $1375! Here in San Diego Cali
wow :jump:

maple

#10 Post by maple »

My ortho (in Toronto) charges for braces and adjustments separately. I have clear braces on top and bottom and the total for that was 2200. I also paid for the records exam around 350. Now every time I go for an adjustment I pay 155.00. The ortho estimated that I would need braces for about 2 years, that is 20 adjustments. The estimated total for the treatment will be close to $6000.

I talked to a friend whose ortho has a very different plan. The cost of the treatment was determined at the beginning and they started monthly payments. She already paid off her treatment but still has to wear braces for the next few months.

I heard that on average in Canada ortho treatment can be between $5000-6000.

PrincessMelody

#11 Post by PrincessMelody »

I hate to brag, but my treatment only cost $2200. I got hooked up by my Asian coworker with a Chinese doc that has super cheap prices. He practices in the Chinese community here in SoCal. Anyone live in the Los Angeles area can PM and I will give you his contact..
Garr, I live in Orange County, but my mom's boyfriend lives in LA so I go up there a lot. Of course I am not paying that much more... $3700 and after what the insurance covers its the same as yours, $2200. I got lucky having insurance that covers braces and cut off $1500. Oh, and I also got $150 dollar discount ??? Not sure for what but my total out of pocket cost is $2050 and that includes my retainer and follow up appointments. Of course if I break more than 3 brackets I have to pay for it at like $40 a bracket :lol:
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

hippyhippo

#12 Post by hippyhippo »

My braces were $7200 CDN for 18-24 months. I saved 5% for paying up front, so what I really paid was $6840.

Ortho costs can vary due to many factors. The amount of experience your ortho has, the type of brackets they use, length of treatment, etc. One of the biggest factors I'd imagine is what city they are located in. Commerical space costs a small fortune in my city, and there is a less than 1% vacancy rate There is also a huge shortage of any type of worker, so staff wages are much higher here. Needless to say, all of these costs are passed onto the patients.

Kodius Champion

#13 Post by Kodius Champion »

Actually my mistake, $7500, for 24-30.
I wouldn't look at it as getting shafted...how about "corrected"? :lol:
Heh, I like that take on it, considering I'm going to be out $8100 CDN. :P

rexthedestroyer

#14 Post by rexthedestroyer »

PrincessMelody

It is cool tthat you have insurance. I worrk for the federal government and you would think that I would have a good dental plan. NOT! I pay everything out of pocket. I have popped 4 brackets alread and her eally doesn't care, which is good.

Respect to the guy who has the super cheap deal in San Diego. Are you sure you are not getting your dental work done in TJ? :wink: J/K that is super good for SoCal.

At my regular dental office the ortho wanted to charge something like $5500. I really could not afford that rate. It sucks becuase if I would have found my current doc when I originally started looking in to getting braces I would already have the hardware off. Now I will be 30 when I get to be braces free.

manglemouth

#15 Post by manglemouth »

Now I will be 30 when I get to be braces free.
I am 29+1 and just getting started :|