My problem..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hunterlaar

My problem..

#1 Post by Hunterlaar »

Hi all good forum, ok i am 23 years old and i'd just like some advice on this problem please, the problem is my right lateral incisorsy tooth is crooked and is behind my lower teeth when i bite down. I'm i too old to get it streightned? All my side teeth go inwards instead of outwards and have pushed my teeth at the front when i was younger and made that one crooked all the rest are level just not where they should be which is a bit further back, also i have just had one of my lower back teeth out and there is a gap there, will braces be able to push all my teeth back and fill the gap and streighten my front tooth or im i too old now? Thank you.

ghostmyimag3

#2 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Your never too old to straighten out your teeth.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

macca

#3 Post by macca »

Hi there Hunterlaar,

I think at 23 you are probably in the 'older' end of the young bracket of people when it comes to orthodontic treatment, so it's a very good plus. At this age there are usually more options open to decide on when it comes to the ortho treatment, so you are definitely not too old.

From the problems you describe, I don't think there would any real trouble against having them corrected, but the only person who can correctly advise would be a qualified orthodontist. I would strongly recommend a consult with a local ortho you know of. You can then arm yourself with all the details on what can be done and what the treatment will entail. It will give you everything you need to decide on whether it's the sort of thing you want to do.

I've been wired up now for 9 months and even though it's going slower than planned I haven't regretted going ahead with it.

Hope this helps, and good luck in whatever you decide to do.

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

You're not too old at all!

I started treatment at 41....there is someone on here who is in their 60's.

Go have a consult and let us know how it goes!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

lisaemtp

#5 Post by lisaemtp »

Welcome to the board! I'm 25 and I'm in braces because both of my laterals are crowded back behind my other teeth, and they (were) behind my lowers when I bit down. I am eight weeks into treatment, and without any extractions (except my wisdom teeth a few years ago, unrelated to orthodontics) my left lateral is in front of my bottom teeth for the first time ever, and my right lateral is right on top of them. Makes for an intersting bite, but I'm really excited to see such big changes so quickly!

So 23 is definitely not too old, and if you have a gap from a prior extraction I imagine that can only help since you have the space already. My treatment time is estimated at 24 months, since I have to widen my upper arch to make room.

If you want to see my "before" and current pics, my website is linked below.

Good luck!
Lisa

Hunterlaar

#6 Post by Hunterlaar »

Thanx all and lisaemtp my teeth are alot like yours mine a bit more crowded on the right side but that's given me hope if yours are getting corrected i have an apointment with my dentist in a couple of weeks
so i will ask for his advice and make an appointment to see an orthodontist also see what they have to say, i'l see how it goes thanx again, good luck to you lot too.

Higgy

#7 Post by Higgy »

give it a shot.....my lower front tooth used to be 90 degrees off because of its crowding.....get a few consults..you'll probably be pleasantly surprised with what you hear:)