Who has had the most spacers at one time?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amburly

#16 Post by Amburly »

I had 14!!!

6 on bottom and 8 on top. I have an RPE so room needed to be made for the 4 bands on the top. I had my spacers in for a total of 15 days and right in the middle of that time it was Thanksgiving. Lets just say that spacers were not one thing that I was thankful for last year.

And trust me, it was torture. I don't think I could have agreed for anymore than I had.

aggiechick

#17 Post by aggiechick »

aggiechick wrote:I have 9 rubber spacers -- three in each quadrant. I get my braces tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get rid of these spacers, especially since I've had them on since 12/27.
Duh -- That's 12 spacers (3x4). Anyway, the braces are on now, and I'm having a smoothie for lunch. I'm a little raw from all of the mouth stretching, but my teeth don't hurt yet. I just didn't want to have to chew anything for fear for biting my cheeks to death!

macca

#18 Post by macca »

I had 6 in total, and then I only had them for 2 days before the braces went on!!
I've heard some real horror stories on this forum about these little devils so I was one happy person to have had them such a short time!

MsViola

#19 Post by MsViola »

It's good not to win sometimes. My 8 are more than enough. Has anyone ever had trouble with your tongue getting caught in a spacer that doesn't fit all the way between the tooth? :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

PrincessMelody

#20 Post by PrincessMelody »

I got lucky since I had my tops put on first and bottoms a couple months later. So I've had 8 total, but only 4 at a time. I will say most only had to have them for a week... I had the top spacers for 3 weeks and the bottom spacers for 4 weeks. That was not fun. I also had the brackets with no archwire on at the same time. Cowlypso, you know how that feels. Brackets feel LOADS better with the archwire I wil tell you that. My ortho's reasoning for putting the brackets on the same time is I have a chance to get used to the brackets :roll:
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

platinum

#21 Post by platinum »

I am placing a record low here. I will get total three spacers next week.

science teacher

SPacers

#22 Post by science teacher »

I had 6 at a time. BUT.... I HAD THEM 3 TIMES for a total of 18 spacers before my RPE was cemented in.

kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

Mart

#23 Post by Mart »

right now i have 4 on the top two molars and 4 on the bottem two. They're plastic blue ones, although they should be red with the devils face on, as some kind of warning. After my Ortho had put them in yesterday she said i may feel tender for an hour or so afterwards, i thought 'no biggie'. oooooouch!! this isn't tender, this is agony! The pain woke me up last night which is a first for me, hopefully they'll be removed at my next appointment on wednesday, fingers crossed. I also had bricks put on at the same time without the archwire.

Mart.