when will i stop wanting to pull them out!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

looloog

when will i stop wanting to pull them out!!

#1 Post by looloog »

Ok, I got braced tuesday, it is thursday, and although the discomfort is getting better, slowly, i have urges to pull them off my teeth then realize....i cant! Will the full feeling on the cheecks and lips ever subside?? Will my mouth really get used to this as i hear it does? I have ceramic braces that i hear are bulkier, is it hopeless ?? :?: :roll:

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Hi looloog

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Believe me it gets easier and easier and before long you will forget you even have braces, hard to believe I know but it does happen. It's early days for you, be easy on yourself. I gave myself some treats early on to reward myself. I found that it got easier with each passing day. (I'm 2 months down the line now) I sometimes have moments still when I don't like my braces purely from an aesthetic (?spelling) point of view but most of the time I don't notice them and I am so pleased with my progress.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Hang in there, looloogs, it does get better. You're dealing with a lot right now and I can understand how you must feel.

It's certainly not hopeless and when you start to see improvements, all your efforts will have been rewarded.

hawkwing

#4 Post by hawkwing »

You will never completely stop wanting to rip them out. I never dit anyway. It gets much better quickly for most people though. For me, my first month in braces was absolute misery for myself my family, friends and anyone else who happened to be in close proximity. :lol:

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

It really does get better. Some days I thought, "I should really call an ortho and get a consult. Then .....oh my gosh!! I already have braces!"

Other days (these were rare) I was very annoyed by the darned things and felt every single bracket in my mouth.

Be patinet...it will get better :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

looloog

getting better...

#6 Post by looloog »

Yeah.....i think it was just a bad day for me. I caught a cold too so I was generally blah and achy today....after some lozenges and tea, and salt rinse I feel better....oh , and lots of wax!
wax is the most precious substance to me these days!!!
thanks for giving me hope, it helps :lol: