going to work after getting braced?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sfguy

going to work after getting braced?

#1 Post by sfguy »

Hi everyone,
I will be getting braced in 2 weeks. is it best to stay home or is it okay to go back to work? Has anyone thought about this? any advice would be recomended. I will have my progress on braces on my website and it wil be under the blog section.

Please also check out my website at www.tomheng.com and please do create an account for the site. It would be great if you can sign my guestbook. I just finished working on my site and would like feedbacks from you guys. I have been working on it for 5 months.

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone...

Tom

MsViola

#2 Post by MsViola »

I wondered the same thing myself. So on my brace day (1-17) I will take the day off. If I feel good I will go shopping or to a movie. If I don't feel good I will get in bed and maybe cry :lol:

P.S. - Let me know what you did
Last edited by MsViola on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

*boom!*

#3 Post by *boom!* »

I don't think going back to work will be a problem. I ate my first meal after being braced at a restaurant. :D
[/url]

IzzyCharm

#4 Post by IzzyCharm »

I got my upper braces on 1-4 and I got on a plane to go to Vegas for work on 1-5. I just packed my wax and some motrin and so far I have been fine. I'm still getting used to them but the pain (for me) wasn't really THAT bad.

Sbebs

#5 Post by Sbebs »

I had the same question myself. But thanks to the great people on this forum I realized I didn't need to worry about being homebound the rest of the day.

I popped a couple advil just in case and went to my appointment. It took just over an hour to get them on and I was out the door and back to work. Minor pressure pain but nothing I needed to stay home for.

I think you'll be fine returning to work after getting braced!

:thumbsup:
Good Luck!

Braced with 3M Clarity ceramics, except molar brackets in metal
Uppers 1/10/07 Lowers 3/8/07 Estimated 18 months

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Betty Bat

#6 Post by Betty Bat »

Howdy,
Yep, people have thought about this (and discussed it) before. Here's a link to a recent discussion on the topic:
viewtopic.php?t=15303

BracedBelle

#7 Post by BracedBelle »

I was homebound, but that's my usual after any dental or ortho appointments due to severe jaw pain, not due to tooth pain. Any time I have an appointment I have to take the rest of the day off, and often I end up with jaws locking, a bad headache or migraine, etc. :( Luckily this isn't an issue for most people, as you can see above.