Overlapped fronts....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sbebs

Overlapped fronts....

#1 Post by Sbebs »

Has anyone started out with the top front two teeth slightly overlapped? If so how long until they straightened?

Pics or links to your story would be great too!

My teeth currently - recently braced______________

Braced with 3M Clarity ceramics, except molar brackets in metal
Uppers 1/10/07 Lowers 3/8/07 Estimated 18 months

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

SimInsomniac

#2 Post by SimInsomniac »

Sbebs,
I started with them overlapping as well. While they have straightened out quite a lot, they still are overlapping a tiny tiny bit after all this time. I'm wondering if my ortho will leave them as they are. At my next appointment I will ask him because I want them to be apart completely and I reckon the brackets should be on at a different angle
It's hard to tell from a distance. You might see from my avatar but it's slightly more obvious when looking up the arch.

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

Delag

#3 Post by Delag »

Mine were way worse than yours and by two months there was a huge difference. Now I have to get the teeth shaved becuase they are not very square shaped and I have a big black triangle between them 8)

sOofemme

#4 Post by sOofemme »

My teeth were slightly overlapped. It's kind of hard to tell in the pic. By the next day I had a small gap in the front. I still do and I hope it doesn't get any bigger. =/

neelie

#5 Post by neelie »

Mine were worse than yours and after the first month I noticed a big change. The one tooth was no longer overlapping the next tooth. It is still not completely straight but a BIG improvement. Now into the third month and there is a small gap between the front teeth that I hope goes away. As they say often on this forum things sometimes get worse before they get better!

Roobi9

Hey Sbebs!

#6 Post by Roobi9 »

Wow, my teeth looked alot like yours. I just had my second adjustment and am just beginning to really notice a change. My top 2 teeth are still overlapped but not as much. Keep us posted. Change really will come - I guess we just have to be patient!! :lol:

Gennel

#7 Post by Gennel »

My front teeth were severely overlapped . At least I thought so. It took about 3 months for them to be side by side :-) That was one of the main things I wanted changed.
ImageImage

Below is a total of 6.5 months later
ImageImage

Below was 3months .This is when my front teeth finally moved completely

Congrats on getting braced. Your teeth will make beautiful progress sooner than you think.

Gennel

looloog

#8 Post by looloog »

My front teeth were always overlapped. One of them had to be removed and now i am wearing braces to correct this exact problem. I need an implant for my front #9 but need to open up space for it first.
I have a spring going across the space of that tooth to push the space open. Ive had braces for 5 days now, but ill let you know how it comes along.

juf_84

#9 Post by juf_84 »

Three days until they no longer overlapped but they are still moving into their proper place :-)
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Sbebs

#10 Post by Sbebs »

Wow thanks for everyone responses - especially the pics!

I have great news. In just a week my fronts are no longer overlapped! They still need a little work to be lined up but my ortho and I are greatly impressed.

Day 1

One Week Later

Braced with 3M Clarity ceramics, except molar brackets in metal
Uppers 1/10/07 Lowers 3/8/07 Estimated 18 months

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

BracedBelle

#11 Post by BracedBelle »

That's great progress in just a month!! :jump:

Braced4braces

#12 Post by Braced4braces »

Great progress! In just one week! That's a great encouragement for me who also had overlaps but mine is between my front teeth and the laterals. I like your clarity brackets too. They look nice :)

Delag

#13 Post by Delag »

Just thought I would update you on my overlappers. Mine were a bit worse than Gennels, and as of yesterday they don't touch anywhere - A GAP :shock: ! I was braced almost 3 months ago.