Are you given before and after pictures?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tasha0313

Are you given before and after pictures?

#1 Post by Tasha0313 »

Hey this is just a thought, but on the big day when you get your braces off, do they give you a copy of the before and after pictures? I'm almost afraid to look at my before pictures, but I think they would be good to have just in case I get brave enough to look at them one day.

choccyface

#2 Post by choccyface »

Tasha,

not sure but I did ask my ortho if I could have a copy and he said he would put them on a CD for me, so it might not be routine but shouldn't be a problem if you ask and they are feeling generous!

Sarah x

BracedBelle

#3 Post by BracedBelle »

my ortho gave me a laminated sheet of all my before pics, and he mentioned there might be some mid-treatment and then again at the end.

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

I'm sure if you asked your ortho they would give you a copy of your before and after pictures. I asked my ortho and they are even giving me my braces & archwire when the braces come off. I don't know why I want to keep them but I figure they've been in my mouth for a long time .

I still want to close my file shut every time the ortho comes in and I see the before pictures! I keep thinking , those are not my teeth! lol

Gennel

ngbraces

#5 Post by ngbraces »

I just go to the website of my ortho, log into my account, my before-braced pictures are stored in there. :oops: Any time I open my account and look at my pictures, I always wonder why I had postponed the treatment for so long.
:shock:
Full Metal Mouth

jennielee81

#6 Post by jennielee81 »

My doc has a website where I can see/download/print any of my pre and mid treatment pictures.

At the end, he does the normal mug shots and then does a studio session type picture set. He's got a little photo studio with lighting and backdrops and everything in his office.

I watched as he took pix of a patient the other day. He was so caught up in the photographer roll with the camera...he was telling the patient how to pose and he was out in the treatment area with the camera getting the shot just right. :dance:

He has framed pictures on all the walls of the place of his debonded patients.

I get mine done in Feb. Then they print them all out and give them to me and then post them on the site (in a secure area) so I can get more if I want them.

I think my ortho is ab-normal....My kids ortho does none of this. :( NO access to pictures on-line or printed.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Katica

#7 Post by Katica »

My ortho wouldn't send me mine :(

19Braceface

#8 Post by 19Braceface »

My ortho rocks, he is giving me pictures and get this....MY TEETH MOLDS! he said i could use them as book ends...lol :lol: when i do get them i am going to put them in the middle of my dinning room table as a centerpiece... 8)

MsViola

#9 Post by MsViola »

I wouldn't dare sit my molds anywhere public, especially the dinner table. Then again maybe it would help me lose weight. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months