ArchWired.com Mentioned in the New York Times!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

ArchWired.com Mentioned in the New York Times!

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

In Sunday's NY Times, there is an article about adults in braces:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/14/busin ... =yourmoney

edit Feb. 1: since it is in the newspaper's "archives" now and you need to register with the NYT to see it, I put it up on the main Archwired site to make it more convenient:

http://www.archwired.com/ArchWired_in_the_News.htm

:thumbsup:
Last edited by bbsadmin on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Thank you, Karen. It's exciting to be in the NYT....and the Sunday edition, at that! :D
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Tasha0313

#3 Post by Tasha0313 »

That is awesome!! I'm not quite sure I how lucked up on the site, but I snooped around for a long time before I actually started to post. I was terribly embarrassed by the way my teeth looked prior to getting braces, but this website encouraged me to go ahead an take the plunge! It's an awesome site and I tell everyone that I know about it! Job well done!!

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Congrats on making the NY Times!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

sjsarre

#5 Post by sjsarre »

Hey congrats on making the news!!

JoviFan

#6 Post by JoviFan »

Congrats Lynn!!!! That was a great read!! and this site has helped 'push me in the right direction' !!! Knowing that there are a lot of 38-40 year olds just getting started has made me feel better! and it helps reading that most you here have had a good experience is very helpful! :D :D

M1k3y

#7 Post by M1k3y »

Awesome! :D
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

NotBob1

#8 Post by NotBob1 »

Hey....That's pretty good! You have really grown this site, lynn!!!

And on top of that, one of the orthodontists that was interviewed was Diane Doppel, My orthodontist!!! She really is an awesome Dr.!

Congrats, Lynn!!!!

-Pat
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

bbsadmin

#9 Post by bbsadmin »

I had heard of Dr. Doppel, probably from another member here...so I had a feeling that at least one member of the message board was seeing her! Pretty cool, eh?

joplin

#10 Post by joplin »

Wow, Lynn, that's great news! If you ask me, it was only a matter of WHEN - not if - the NYT was to spot you and the great work you're doing for all of us :thumbsup: Keep rockin', Lynn!
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.

Samantha19

That's Awesome

#11 Post by Samantha19 »

That's totally cool that the New York Times has posted the link to this site.

That's something to be proud of, the NYT is no small town newspaper.

Congrats Lynn
Samantha

Tooth-Colored Brackets and a white wire for 8 months.

Braces are off! Retainer coming soon

bbsadmin

#12 Post by bbsadmin »

Today the New York Times, tomorrow Oprah! :wink:

Well, who knows, one day it might happen. Imagine me and an orthodontist and a bunch of you guys talking about what it's like to have braces and jaw surgery as an adult. That would be really cool. 8) In this era of fast extreme makeovers, it would be refreshing to see folks who are going a more traditional slower route to improve their appearance, not to mention their overall dental and jaw health.

broochie

#13 Post by broochie »

Congratulations Lynn ! You totally deserve it, this website is a godsend for me and others.

Lillers

#14 Post by Lillers »

Conngratulations on the recognition, Lynn – you deserve it! :thumbsup:
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.