False teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ganeshacake

False teeth?

#1 Post by ganeshacake »

Does anyone heard about filling a gap with a false teeth during the braces treatment? (the gap is at the front, between the central incisor and the canine... not friendly at all) My ortho mentioned something about it; in that place I supposed to have an implant at the end of the treatment.
Any suggestion??
Thanks!

smilezofmetal2

#2 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

:idea: I have never heard of this...considering that I also have a front gap...before going to my present ortho I had a dentist suggest that I have venners put on my front teeth if I didnt want braces...I know this doesnt answer your question but I thought some response is better than none.

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

It makes all the sense in the world to me. That way, other teeth can't move into the space where you'll eventually have an implant. Just think of it as a seatwarmer...

snoobie

#4 Post by snoobie »

ganeshacake,

I have a similar problem, although my braces aren't on yet. I have a missing tooth on my lower left side, about a 7mm gap and my ortho said that I'll be needing an elastic and a "seat filler" during my treatment for my left side. After the treatment, I will be wearing a wire retainer with a "seat filler" that will fill in the gap. After about 3 months or so with the retainer, I will need a bridge put in the gap's place to ensure my teeth don't drift and run all the work the braces have done.

My teeth on my bottom has already slightly shifted toward the gap, and the tooth extraction was only done last year.

I have already started financial planning for the bridge after the braces are done.

ganeshacake

#5 Post by ganeshacake »

thanks a lot for your answers! really helped. I think that my ortho refered to that flipper, not only for a better look but to mantain the gap.

much clear now!

ganeshacake

False teeth (pic)

#6 Post by ganeshacake »

Finally my doubts about what a flipper was ended with this.
I had another idea of what a flipper was, (something smaller) I'm not so happy with this gadget on my mouth but I guess that I will have to get used to, like everything....
Any advice??
Does anybody have something similar?

sjsarre

Re: False teeth?

#7 Post by sjsarre »

ganeshacake wrote:Does anyone heard about filling a gap with a false teeth during the braces treatment? (the gap is at the front, between the central incisor and the canine... not friendly at all) My ortho mentioned something about it; in that place I supposed to have an implant at the end of the treatment.
Any suggestion??
Thanks!
Hi.. Before I got my braces on and before I knew which teeth were being extracted my ortho did say that if they were front teeth if I wanted a temporary false tooth to fill the gap then that could be arranged.. Although he didn't recommend it because it would be attached to the brace and other teeth but might twist and break off being in the front.

In the end I didn't go for it. Not only because I ended having my extractions in a different place but also because when I talk my lips cover most of my teeth anyway.. Alot of people can't tell that I am wearing a brace until I laugh or show them. I've found that quite funny.

I guess its all according how you feel about the gap, but if you have a brace on and there is a gap then at least it looks like you are having work on your teeth and people won't look at the gap as if to say all your teeth are falling out! (if you get my meaning!) I was much happier once I had the brace on after my extractions as people could then see I was having major orthodontics and it wasn't a case that I hadn't looked after my teeth and they were all coming out!

eoberhauser

#8 Post by eoberhauser »

I have a temporary tooth in right now. I just got it last Weds. I will post a picture as soon as I have some time. I absolutely love mine! We opened a 10mm gap where my left lateral should be (mine was genetically missing) and are filling it with this temp tooth until my braces are done and I can have an implant. I can tell you, I'm all smiles. It is so cool.

Erin

ganeshacake

#9 Post by ganeshacake »

Thanks for your reply!
eoberhauser I would love to see your flipper I'll wait for the pic. want to love mine too and I think I can talk with my ortho about it. :wink:
Sometimes we have comunications problems or language barriers, I'm from Argentina and at the moment I'm living in Malaysia, we both speak English (not so perfect) but sometimes it's difficult to comunicate my thoughts about something specific or I find hard to have a good feedback also....
Post your pic soon!!!
thankyou!!!
cheers
gc

garrettnb

#10 Post by garrettnb »

Ganeshacake do you happen to have a picture of yourself wearing the fake tooth? I am curious as to what it looks like. If its noticeable or not.

--Garrett
Quiero Pasta?

looloog

i have a flipper and will need an implant

#11 Post by looloog »

Im so happy i stumbled accross a discussion somewhat related to my experience.
I am currently wearing a flipper, its a retainer with a false tooth on it. Mine is my front (#9) tooth the left front one.
I have gotten used to it but it was hard. I know have braces on and the flipper will be adjusted as needed. I was told I can get a false tooth with a with a bracket and attach to the braces to hold it in place, but I cant because my wire is round and the ortho said the tooth will just go around in circles (thats not good)
I have a spring to open up the space for my future implant.

eoberhauser- did you ever post a picture of yours? Im curious what yours is like. Are you wearing it along with your braces?

Also, they can attach a tooth the the wire?? I wonder if I should insist on another alternative with my ortho/dentist.....any suggestions???

XxNickiCxX

#12 Post by XxNickiCxX »

I know this post is pretty old but I've just came accross it.
I've got my 2 lateral incisors missing ( think thats what theyre called lol the top ones one either side of the very front ones) Theyre just not there nobody has any idea why. I got my baby ones pulled and the adult canines grew in in their place, i then got my baby canines pulled out and have been pulling the big canines into the gap for a year now. My gaps for my incisors are now big enough for my implants but they want to straighten my teeth up better first coz she made a mess of them. While I'm waiting I got temporary false teeth put in the gaps (yesterday :()
I got pretty angry, the amount of time since I got my teeth pulled out to start with is almost 7 years. (when I was 12, Im 19 next month) So basically the whole time I was in high school I was gumsy, have always felt like a freak I guess. The last few visits to the dental hospital she has put off giving me my false teeth. last time I got moulds taken to make up my teeth. So you'd think they'd be perfect right?
Wrong? 3 times they were sent back yesterday due to the way the brackets were on the teeth making them stick out. Thn finally got them in and realised they were way longer then the very front ones and looked ridiculous. they took a little bit off and I got them back on. still not up to much, convinced she has put them on the wrong sides due to the shape at the top.
Once side wobbles back and forward constantly and slides in the huge space they have on my wire. for it to sit right at the bottom it sticks out about a cm from my gum looking ridiculous. The other moves back pretty easy too. when it goes back it stabs straight into my gum till i move it back wich is seriously painful. They look ridiculous as teeth. They cant bite due to their wobbliness, cause pain when they move which is all the time. They have no point. okay they cover my gaps. But are clearly false teeth. Im really annoyed at the whole thing. I was supposed to have my implants by now anyway... just at the point now i want to cry, dont think theyll ever fix it all properly. Just made a mess. caused me lots of pain over the years. Sorry for my rant, just at the end of my tether and have had very little sleep due to the irritatingness of the teeth and the pain from my new elastic. But can anyone tell me is this how these teeth tend to be? Or is mine yet another unfortunate ocean i have received from the nhs?

exm

#13 Post by exm »

Hi Nicki,

exact same boat as you - congenitally missing lats! Just got a retainer today, and it's awesome to have teeth where I haven't had any since my baby teeth. My only complaint is that they're yellower than my other teeth. I even notice it in relatively far away pictures.

I'd love to see pictures if you have any. We're always our own worse critics, and it's possible it's not as bad as you think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

exm

#14 Post by exm »

And here's before. Wow look at those gaps. :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XxNickiCxX

#15 Post by XxNickiCxX »

lol its almost like looking at a pic of me the one without (when I didnt have any)
Don't have any pics yet I'm in work so would look slightly odd taking a pic of my mouth. But will put some up soon. How are your false ones for eating? or even just not doing anything? Mine just constantly wobble - face the wrong direction when I try to eat anything and if anything touches them in that position the jam into my gum - so sore. Sleeping last night was a nightmare again the slightest movement and they stab my gums waking me up... and the all over pain from getting my teeth pulled together etc makes it hard to get to sleep in the first place. been awake since 2.55 am not fun. So going to try and get an emergency appointment to either get them out or fixed better today... cant face a whole weekend with them. Never mind 6 weeks :'(