B-Day 2.0

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennielondon

B-Day 2.0

#1 Post by jennielondon »

This morning was B-Day 2.0 for me. (They put my top ceramic brackets on, my metal bottom brackets will go on in about 3 months.) I had braces the first time about 10 years ago and dreaded it but this time, I've been all excited. Also, I think I found a really good ortho office this time around (last time, we just went to the guy my dentist recommended).

Have any other of you metal mouths had braces more than once?
If so, how do you feel about it this time around?

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

First time I was a senior in high school. Dropped my marginal cool factor to minus three. Miserable experinece.

25 years latter, I'm doing this for me. I have my reasons that are a combination of medical (to end the medications for TMJ) and appearence. Its not being done to me but rather for me. I'm not self concious like the first time. Much more positive experince.

The overall experience has been good. Great ortho, good results. What's not to like.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.