Favorite snacks

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracedBelle

Favorite snacks

#1 Post by BracedBelle »

Hi all,

I know a lot of people limit their snacking because of the annoyance of cleaning teeth afterwards, but I snack a lot since I can't eat full-sized meals (TMJ pain). I'm looking for some new ideas!

What are your favorite...

-healthy snacks?
-soft snacks?
-creative snacks?
-smoothie recipes?

I have a cupboard at home and at work with all kinds of things, but I'm looking to breathe some new life into my snacks after 8 months of eating the same things over and over again! :D
Last edited by BracedBelle on Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesallymonster

#2 Post by thesallymonster »

As for soft snacks, I love yogurt, my favorite flavors include vanilla, stawberry, banana, blueberry, and peach. However, I am not a big fan of the fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt, I prefer it pre-stirred. I also love pudding of every flavor, even tapioca pudding is good (though I suppose the tapiocas might get stuck in your braces, I don't have my braces yet so I wouldn't know about that!)
*The Sallymonster*

Now in elastics, too! Since 2/25/09.

Kat

#3 Post by Kat »

pretty much anything and everything I want. After the bottoms go on tomorrow this will most likely change for softer treats.

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Savoury dips e.g. hummus, taramasalata, yogurt/cucumber, eggplant - on small chunks of soft bread.

BracedBelle

#5 Post by BracedBelle »

I was feeling daring just now, so I ate caramel corn for the first time since getting braces. I followed with hot tea, and I have no pieces or caramel globs in my teeth!! :mrgreen:

I feel so good, yet so bad :lol:

My favorite quick (read: running out the door for work) smoothie recipe is a single serving High Protein Boost shake thrown in the blender, add half a banana, mixed fruit, and cold coffee syrup (french vanilla). It takes literally 3 minutes to make it & wash the blender. This satisfies my need for fruit and caffeine, has a significant amount of protein, and keeps me full for about 4+ hours.

One of my favorite fruit snacks lately has been a whole apple, diced and put into a ziploc bag with cinnamon. I shake it up to coat the pieces, and then I eat my little snack with a toothpick right out of the baggie :)

BracedBelle

#6 Post by BracedBelle »

Savoury dips e.g. hummus, taramasalata, yogurt/cucumber, eggplant - on small chunks of soft bread.
mmm... I haven't had hummus in awhile! I think I'll put it on my grocery list. Thanks lionfish :)

science teacher

snacks

#7 Post by science teacher »

I have had a problem snacking with my expander. I usually drink hot apple cider or hot chocolate.
Just about every type of candy is on my no-no list or it gets stuck.
I also try to eat real type foods at meal times and use smoothies and protein shake for snacks.
Kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

Ravishing

#8 Post by Ravishing »

My fav new smoothie recipe:

1 Cup milk
1 Banana
1 TBSP peanutbutter
2 Tbsp fat free/sugar free Jello pudding (I like choc. fudge)

The pudding thickens it after a couple of minutes and helps it stick with you for a while.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

ghostmyimag3

#9 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I try not to snack unless my stomach is really growling like right now. And your right, i dont do it because i have to stop what im doing and go to the bathroom in the next building to brush my teeth. Sometimes i eat salt and vinegar chips or pop tarts or something closely related. Or sometimes i'll grab a fruit cup.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

jennielondon

#10 Post by jennielondon »

MUSHY BANANAS!!

and BracedBelle, that apple snack sounds DELICIOUS!! I'm going to try that when I get off work tonight.

BracedBelle

#11 Post by BracedBelle »

My fav new smoothie recipe:
1 Cup milk
1 Banana
1 TBSP peanutbutter
2 Tbsp fat free/sugar free Jello pudding (I like choc. fudge)

The pudding thickens it after a couple of minutes and helps it stick with you for a while.
ooh I'm going to try this!!! Thanks :)

Ravishing

#12 Post by Ravishing »

Forgot to mention that it should be 2 TBSP Jello Pudding POWDER - not actual pudding.

Sorry for the typo :oops:
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

Willz

#13 Post by Willz »

Watermelon and grapes mmmmm

Elyse84

#14 Post by Elyse84 »

I haven't got braces, but I've had spacers on since Tuesday and have been living off fruit like grapes and cut peaches, yoghurt, and dried fruit.

lionfish

#15 Post by lionfish »

Elyse84 wrote:I haven't got braces, but I've had spacers on since Tuesday and have been living off fruit like grapes and cut peaches, yoghurt, and dried fruit.
If you're coping with dried fruit, you're doing fine.

Now did I hear someone mention cheese? Add those Greek/Lebanese type cheese triangles to the list if they're not there already.