Almost Debanded! (Pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OneBluCrayon

Almost Debanded! (Pics)

#1 Post by OneBluCrayon »

:-)o So today i went in for my debanding appointment. I got most of them off... The lower front six are still in place until next week as my ortho is hoping that this single stubborn tooth will finally raise into position and stay there. I will also be picking up my retainer then as well.

Overall the process was mostly painless, but the bottom teeth are the sensitive ones, not my tops. My back molars are pretty sensitive now, but i am hoping that fades in a little while.

Here are the (not so great quality) pictures. I think its funny that everyone warns you that your teeth will look HUGE (cuzz they do) and that they feel slimy (mine didnt, but my gums feel horrible). They said that my gums bleed the "normal" amount, which was a lot to me, but also said that the recent swelling will receed in a couple days.

I am not overly satisfied with the results.... I think i just have ugly teeth, but they are better than before (not that you can tell with these pics) so.... Heres some pics for you guys to compare and see for yourselves.

Before: Image After:Image and my "natural smile" Image

I will post my actual ortho pics if i get them and hopefully youll be able to see a bigger difference there. Anywho... Good luck to those of you still on the journey to straigher teeth. :-)o
If you're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!
Banded: Dec 24, 2004

Bluemoonjo

#2 Post by Bluemoonjo »

:-)o Congratulations :-)o

Your smile looks great!
Mama Jo

MsViola

#3 Post by MsViola »

Good for you!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

joney

#4 Post by joney »

You're teeth look fantastic, I don't know where you got the idea that you have ugly teeth. They also look much better than when you started. Congratulations, enjoy your freedom.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Lillers

#5 Post by Lillers »

:-88 Congratulations! They really do look great. I'm happy for you and envious at the same time!
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

Congrats! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Tin Indian

#7 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Congratulations. I betcha you can't wait till you are al the way naked! Very nice smile.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

OneBluCrayon

#8 Post by OneBluCrayon »

Thanks for all the encouragement. It probably just takes a little bit to get used to them. I cant wait till next week and will post my completely naked pics then:)
If you're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!
Banded: Dec 24, 2004

victory1

#9 Post by victory1 »

Congratulations! Your teeth looks nice.