Need help with a blister!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

Need help with a blister!

#1 Post by genxsis »

Well, I've been in braces almost exactly a year now, and now I have a large blister on the inside of my cheek that may have been caused by the braces rubbing against my cheek. It's been there for about 3 weeks and it hurts! I've been rinsing with salt water, but it's not helping. I've heard that if you "pop" a blister by poking it with a pin or something, it gets the stuff inside of it out and helps it to heal much faster. Should I try doing that inside of my mouth?
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I wouldn't recommend popping a blister inside your mouth. If you've had it for 3 weeks and it's showing no signs of improvement despite salt water rinses, perhaps you ought to let your dentist take a look at it. Normally canker sores caused by braces heal up within a few days.

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

OK. I'll be seeing my ortho next Wednesday. I'll mention it to him.

If it's not really a blister, what else could it be that would resemble a blister and last for 3 weeks?
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"