How often do you go in for an adjustment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pilotgurl

How often do you go in for an adjustment?

#1 Post by pilotgurl »

Just wondering how often do you guys go in for an ajustment? And how often because a wire or bracket or something broke?

:D

newmetal

#2 Post by newmetal »

My adjustments are every 6 weeks. When i was first braced and had the first wires i was back and forth at the ortho about once a week.

Newmetal

sOofemme

#3 Post by sOofemme »

I'm newly braced so I go in every 4 weeks. I haven`t broken any wires or brackets so far. Just a minor adhesive problem that was fixed today.

MarvinBrace

#4 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi,

I have only been braced for a little more then a month now.
But I can say that my adjustments are planned to be every 4 week and until now I have not broke anything yet.
Hopefully it will continue like this. :wink:

Bye...Marvin

ChooChooo

#5 Post by ChooChooo »

first adjustment was 8 weeks after getting braced and then every 6 weeks I guess.

cowlypso

#6 Post by cowlypso »

My ortho said 6-8. First adjustment is at 6 weeks.

LadyTr0uble

#7 Post by LadyTr0uble »

every 4 weeks.
I have made two trips so far to get my wires clipped, and i ended up with a surprise adjustment the first time

Julie08

Frequency of adjustments

#8 Post by Julie08 »

Every 5 weeks. No trips in the interim.

SimInsomniac

#9 Post by SimInsomniac »

Every 10 weeks. It's been that long since I started, but maybe towards the end it will be more frequent.

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

PrincessMelody

#10 Post by PrincessMelody »

Every four weeks. I haven't had and brackets break or any problems with wires.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

BraceTh

#11 Post by BraceTh »

Every four weeks, without any problem :D

Betty Bat

#12 Post by Betty Bat »

Count me in the "every 4 weeks club". And, that's been for over a year. The only exception was around the holidays when I was out of town - then it was 5 weeks. And, I've had a new upper wire almost every time I've gone in. My lower wire has been the same since May, 2005!

JumpTheDitch

#13 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Every 6-8 weeks, depending on when the ortho can fit me in around my work schedule.

So far no emergency appointments.

No new wires for 6 months, just change of powerchains/ligs/elastics :roll:.

Hoping for something to kick start one remaining stubborn extraction gap in Feb :?

neelie

#14 Post by neelie »

Appointments are every 5 weeks. No extra visits. Top archwire changed from a 14 to 18 wire at my third adjustment. Anyone know what the 14 and 18 mean? The ortho's assistant knocked a top ceramic bracket off a molar. Replaced it with a medal bracket. Big difference in size - medal is much smaller.

choccyface

#15 Post by choccyface »

My first adjustment will be 7 and a half weeks after my brace was fitted, it would have been a little sooner but the day didn't suit.

I have been back once already, as the wires were snagging on my cheek making it very painful, its still abit sore but the wax will see me through till my adjustment I hope!

Sarah x