Getting close - but not asking...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bianca

Getting close - but not asking...

#1 Post by Bianca »

Every time I go in to the ortho they mention that my treatment is going faster then they expected.

They are now doing detailing, which after searching this board, I would assume means they are in the final stages before removal.

Am I the only one who just plain doesn't ask about the timeline?

I've had 'em on a year. 12 months. My treatment was quoted at 24-36 months.

I am kinda hoping that one day I will go in and they will just announce that the next appointment is removal.....

:)

I figure this way I am expecting them through this year, and likely into next year, and if they change the timeline then it will just be a happy day.

It's a two year process.......

vanilla

#2 Post by vanilla »

Hi Bianca! From 24-36 months to 12 months. Wow, you must be happy. Congrats on your successful treatment!

No, you're not alone. At my last adjustment the ortho and his assistant mentioned that, unfortunately, my braces wouldn't be removed at the next visit but rather, the visit after that (in April). Even the April removal date was news to me! So now I'm cheering :D
Ceramic + metal since 31/03/05

johnnya

#3 Post by johnnya »

I actually asked today and my ortho said December latest but as he's pleased with my progress, I shouldn't be surprised if they came off earlier.
I don't think orthos have exact timelines as in the end, it's up to your monthly progress.

eoberhauser

#4 Post by eoberhauser »

I do not ask about timelines. I have also been braced for just over 1yr with a 24month initial quote. I'm going in on 2/2 to have progress x-rays done and some brackets moved. I'm hoping that means I'm well on my to the finishing stages. My teeth have moved miraculously fast and I have been totally anal about wearing my elastics religiously. Good Luck, let us know how it goes.

Erin

invisagirl

#5 Post by invisagirl »

Just a word of caution... At one of my last appointments my ortho was talking about how nice everything was looking and ordered x-rays so when she was looking at the xrays and saying that all my roots looked great I asked "So they should be coming off in the next few months?" and the reply was "Oh no that won't be happening..." :x Way to get me all excited and trumph down my hopes.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

Braced4braces

#6 Post by Braced4braces »

Wow congrats! If it was me, I'd ask! I didn't want false hope because the roots being stable is the most important. If it looks great, might not mean the braces will be off nxt visit like I have wished for becasue the roots need to stablise.