Counting down to Brace day!!!-----Now Brace Day w/Pics :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JoviFan

Counting down to Brace day!!!-----Now Brace Day w/Pics :)

#1 Post by JoviFan »

Well, I have to share with my new found 'braced friends'!! My day is set for Mon Jan 29 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at noon, wish it could have been earlier so I wouldn't have as much time to get nervous! LOL
But it's finally almost here! The hubby is going with me for moral support :) I haven't told but a couple of friends....waiting til I get them on and can say 'see, I finally did it' at almost 40!!!! Am hoping like in the other post, not much pain! that's what worries me most, that and 'things getting worse b4 they get better' ......I HATE mouth pain! but am expecting some discomfort now and again! Can't wait to get these teeth movin' in the 'right' direction :)
As far as I know, they are doing my xrays and molds, then putting brackets on my top teeth (my bottoms really don't need much work, only getting bottom ones to help with my bite some) ....here are a couple b4 pics: (Karen, can you remind me again, the 'do's' b4 the appointment??) and are there certain questions I should be asking Monday?????

BRACE DAY !!!!!!!!! 1/29/07
Last edited by JoviFan on Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ladylikeruby

29/01/07 is my brace day too!

#2 Post by ladylikeruby »

Hello there JoviFan!

I came across your post and just had to reply! I am getting Damon 3 braces on top and bottom on Monday @ 11:15! I am really nervous but I am so excited! I can't wait to see the results! I've already got heaps of "before" shots on my camera! I am taking along my boyfriend for support. Do you have spacers in your teeth now? Are they causing you any pain?

:D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana:

-Samantha

turrrtlelove22

#3 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Hey Jovifan!!! Good luck to you on monday!!! Pretty soon all those nerves will be a distant memory...hehe. Some of us are luckier than others pain wise. Sometimes it sets in quickly, for others such as myself...it takes a while. But I think you will fine and I agree with KK about the positive thing, wake up smiling!!! And walk into the orthodontist smiling!!! And smile until you get in the chair, it helps with the nerves...and lick your teeth to make a memory as you won't be feeling them for a while. LOL. Hope all goes well for you!!!... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

amd

Good Luck on Monday

#4 Post by amd »

I just read your post and KK's response. I am getting braced tomorrow at 10:30am (that's assuming my ortho is on time). I too have lots of b4 pics and have accumulated lots of different things to try once braced. I've tried everything out before the braces go on. I'm not too sure about this floss threader thingy, I can't manage it without braces!

Good luck, I'll let you know how the pain is in a couple of days ( I have very sensitive teeth)!.

amd

JoviFan

#5 Post by JoviFan »

Thanks guys!!!!! I laughed at the 'licking your teeth' b4 you go, but you're right, they won't feel the same for a while! I didn't ask what type of braces they're using...just know ceramics on top and metal on bottom, doesn't really matter to me as long as they achieve 'greatness' LOL

ok Karen! Thanks for the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and btw - for the warm salt water rinses, is there a ratio for salt to water??? I actually started those last night :)

Good luck amd !!! Post some b4 and today pics sometime soon :)
I love looking at everyone's progress!!!!

JoviFan

Re: 29/01/07 is my brace day too!

#6 Post by JoviFan »

ladylikeruby wrote:Hello there JoviFan!

I came across your post and just had to reply! I am getting Damon 3 braces on top and bottom on Monday @ 11:15! I am really nervous but I am so excited! I can't wait to see the results! I've already got heaps of "before" shots on my camera! I am taking along my boyfriend for support. Do you have spacers in your teeth now? Are they causing you any pain?

:D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana:

-Samantha
Sam - no I don't have spacers, atleast not yet...I don't remember any mention of them! LOL -- but its been a month since my consult.....I hear they can be the worst part of the journey! :)

JoviFan

#7 Post by JoviFan »

ok - now I have a 'ticker' :) :) -- it's getting more realistic by the minute :) :)
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

dawnm

#8 Post by dawnm »

That's awesome!

I'll be anxious to hear how it goes for you and amd and ladylikeruby, as I'm getting braced (Damon 3's) on Thursday, Feb 1.

Good luck!!!

Nawners

#9 Post by Nawners »

Why the warm salt water rinses before getting them?
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~

science teacher

braces

#10 Post by science teacher »

The salt water rinses help heal any tiny sores in your mouth both before and after the placing of braces.
Also it "toughens" your mouth so it is a little harder for those brackets to dig in.
Kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

JoviFan

Re: braces

#11 Post by JoviFan »

science teacher wrote:The salt water rinses help heal any tiny sores in your mouth both before and after the placing of braces.
Also it "toughens" your mouth so it is a little harder for those brackets to dig in.
Kim
is there a specific amount of salt to water? and approx how long should you swoosh??? lol
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

Nawners

#12 Post by Nawners »

So since I still have 28 LONG, SLOW days to go, should I start rinsing now with salt water?

ema27

#13 Post by ema27 »

hi jovi fan -i got braced 2 days ago and all is well.i have metal uppers none on the bottom yet.I Started my salt water rinses 2 days before-no pain getting the braceson and so far no pain afterwards.I Find it easy to chew-just annoying having to pick your food out of the brace! im 27 and at first i thought i would be really withdrawn but thats not the case at all. my reckoning is theres no point hiding or getting all sad about it the braces are on their for a reason-we chose to do this for ourselves.It is exciting once there on because you know your journey has started and you one day less to go!

Good luck with getting braced-dont worry!

Krow

#14 Post by Krow »

Hey Jovifan, I understand your nerves. I get braced on Monday too, 8:30 in the morning. I have ddecided that I will not go to work that day because I will need some time to get used to them.....

Nawners

#15 Post by Nawners »

I will definitely start then! That's good info to know... :)