Double arch wire?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

Double arch wire?

#1 Post by genxsis »

I am now at my 1 year point in braces! Just had an adjustment yesterday (and the ortho was NOT gentle! Nearly tore my mouth apart!) and now that I've tried flossing again, the threader keeps getting caught between 2 objects. After taking a closer look, I've now noticed that there is an archwire behind the chain where there was always one, and now there is still another wire running a bit ABOVE the chain! What is that? That's never been there before and the ortho never told me anything was going to be done during this adjustment.

Does anyone know what this second wire might be?
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

if you have a camera to take a photo then that might help me a little try to figure out what your talking about!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

Sorry, I don't have a camera to take pictures. Wish I did. This other wire I was talking about runs just above the archwire, and looks like another archwire. I'm surprised the ortho didn't tell me a word about it. It seems to span across all of my upper teeth. This was put in when he replaced my upper archwire during my last adjustment a few days ago.
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"