Pain after 11 days?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CanehdianGal

Pain after 11 days?

#1 Post by CanehdianGal »

Hi everyone,
Jan 16th I had my upper braces put on with 8 spacers on the bottom front. Took about 9 days for the teeth to feel a little better. Today I had my spacers taken out from the bottom and the lower braces/wire put on. I'm experiancing the usual discomfort on the lowers but why after 9 days did the pain come back on my top teeth, when they weren't even touched today? Feels like someone hit me in the teeth.

I told my ortho advils and tylenlas didn't help when I got them on..he said to take 2 advils and an extra strength tylenal together? Has anyone taken a dosage like this?

Gennel

#2 Post by Gennel »

Did they put new ligs on the top? To some people that may not feel like anything was done but teeth can feel sore after ligs have been changed.

My last adjustment the ortho worked on the bottom and asked what color ligs I wanted on top. They put the ligs and I felt nothing. By bedtime some of my top teeth were sore :-(

If they did'nt touch your top teeth maybe there was some sort of movement that is happening and you are starting to feel it now. My top teeth don't really hurt at all anymore but once in a while like 2 teeth are very tender to touch.

Gennel

CanehdianGal

#3 Post by CanehdianGal »

One more question..

Will I ever be able to bite normally into a sandwich? I'm still a newbie with the braces almost 2 weeks..Discomfort on my uppers so chewing is only on my back right side, since i have no teeth contact on my left.

BracedBelle

#4 Post by BracedBelle »

I can't really bite anything with my front teeth because they are always tender... and the times I tried I made a big mess :lol: If I ever try to bite into anything with my front teeth again it will be in the privacy of my home... at least then it doesn't matter if 50% of it gets stuck between my brackets.

But this doesn't keep me from eating anything... I just cut or break things apart (pizza, breads, burgers) so that I don't use my front teeth.

turrrtlelove22

#5 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I feel that delayed and random pain thing, too. Sometimes whatever I tke for pain doesn't work, as it's not the pain that bothers me. It's that odd, heavy throbbing feeling that can be quite nagging sometimes.

I have never heard of mixing Advil and Tylenol together like that before. Have you tried it yet?
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

BracedBelle

#6 Post by BracedBelle »

oh, I mix Advil and Tylenol. My doctor actually asked me to do that instead of taking so much tylenol... a lot of acetaminophen (tylenol) is bad for your liver. So my doc said to combine with ibuprofen (advil) and take less tylenol each day.

FYI - this had nothing to do with my braces pain - it was for something else.

turrrtlelove22

#7 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Have you tried that Tylenol PM? Mannn that stuff makes me feel crazy when I wake up. I'm irritable, restless and feel icky all day. I usually take Aleve during the day and Advil PM at nite...

Sorry!!! I forgot to say hi CanehdianGal!!!...HI!!!!... :D :D :D
How is your treatment so far???

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

CanehdianGal

#8 Post by CanehdianGal »

Thankyou everyone for your replys. I've had problems with my digestion. Not chewing enough to get it down. More swallowing instead. Now I'm getting the hang of it. I'm still adjusting to having all the food/crap all over my braces when i eat. My waterpik is my new best friend. I wish they made a smaller version for my purse when I'm out and having to eat.
I've only been taking the advils, will speak to my pharmacist about adding the Tylenals with it.

My first adjustment will be in 10 weeks.

turrrtlelove22

#9 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Glad you like your waterpik. Such a lifesaver isn't it? I wish I had one for my purse, too...LOL. I carry bottled water with me at all times if I can. It helps when you have to eat in public that way you can rinse. Taking small bites helps, too. Good luck with everything... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!