Braces change appearance negatively?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

#16 Post by bbsadmin »

I would agree that it's mainly from weight loss and maturing. Unfortunately, we can't look 16 forever!

At least at your age you don't have to worry about wrinkles yet!

Unless you got teeth extracted or had palate expansion (or a huge overbite corrected), the braces wouldn't make THAT much of a difference in your face.

I think the overall factor behind you looking different is weight loss and getting older. To me, you look about the same in the first picture as in the last one. Your face is just a bit less chubby.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

19Braceface

#17 Post by 19Braceface »

KK wrote:19

I hope you work it out 19 ... coz you're an attractive girl ... but negative thoughts will age and affect that!

Thank you for the great advice, i was feeling bad about my decision but now i feel confident and can't wait to get naked either.

orangetammy

#18 Post by orangetammy »

19Braceface wrote:Orangetammy, i am relieved other people feel the same way, it seems like everyone here seems to love their braces and feel a great improvement on the way. I feel confused because i have always looked younger for my age and in just 6 months i went from looking 16 to 23.... :shock:. what stinks most is my friends all used to tell me how cute and pretty i was...now when they see me they say "you look different" and stay quiet. My mom says i look like an old woman now and have lost my "cuteness"... :( can't wait to get my braces off...my mom says it's my fault for being vain. *shakes fist*

but orangetammy let me know how you feel after your braces come off i would love to know!
honestly i feel u look lovely in all your pics, but u said there's a change, and maybe thats why i can see it. otherwise i might just think u look the same

but i kinda feel ya when u say u look older... i mean, i look more mature now too with more defined facial features.. (more prominent cheekbones etc.)

i'm sure i'll let u know how i feel with the final result when my braces are off! hope ur feeling better too!

orangetammy

#19 Post by orangetammy »

bump 8)

19Braceface

#20 Post by 19Braceface »

Tammy i was wondering how old are you? why do i ask you ask? lol well maybe we are the same age going through the same problem...and guess what? my ortho just told me at my last visit that my teeth are looking much nicer and now we are going into "detailing" not sure what that means but he said it's the end before the braces come off, so don't worry it won't be long before we get our answers...*long face, weird chin, etc*

payoki

#21 Post by payoki »

I feel exactly the same way about my face since I got the braces.
I seem to have more prominet cheek bone and I did not lose any weight.
My cheeks are sunken and I have more noticeable laughline.
Everyone I meet tell me the samething so it's depressing.
I'm hoping that when my braces come off that I will look better than now.
mother of one.