damon braces. . .and expansion

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

maia1orual

damon braces. . .and expansion

#1 Post by maia1orual »

okay. . . so i'm a little slow with things here. i've seen alot of posts involving damon braces, and finally i was like, "what the heck are those!?!" so i looked them up. according to their add, it's possible to have them and. . . . . NOT have an expander!!!! is that true? has anyone had a success story w/ damon braces when they've needed expansion? do they work?

this is crazy, but if it's true, than i want this dang expander out and i'd rather go that route. :lol: haha have any of you had alot of issues w/ your RPE's and turning teeth or whatever?

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

You beat me to it Meryaten - I was just looking for your recent post regarding Damons and the supposed pros and cons vs regular brackets.

maia1oral - look at this thread, particularly the post by rickysa, who is an orthodontist himself..

viewtopic.php?t=14830&start=15&postdays ... damon+vivo

JoeMama

#3 Post by JoeMama »

I think what the two previous posters have said is true because there is only so much expansion you can do with brackets... I think pulling on the teeth will only get you so far.

BUT I have had great results expanding my upper arch with the Damon system. I'm not saying you can't do it other ways or that it's special, but it's been great for me. My upper arch is much more full now, especially in the front. I describe it as going from a "V" shape to a nice full "U" shape.

Ultimately, you should talk about it with your ortho and see what they recommend. I'm sure there is more than one way to get the great results.
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

maia1orual

#4 Post by maia1orual »

thanks guys! i think i just want the expander out b/c it's hard to talk with :oops: haha anyways, i know i don't need extractions b/c my teeth aren't that crowded. but, they are very tight with slight overlapping of my central and lateral incisors and my canines, but my arch isn't narrow or V shaped, either. (you can already see all 6 of those teeth when i smile and that's before any treatment) anyways, i'm beginning to understand things now =)

drh20s

<message deleted>

#5 Post by drh20s »

<message deleted>
Last edited by drh20s on Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.