Update Damon 3s more door problems=Back to eating soup

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Betty Bat

#16 Post by Betty Bat »

Howdy,
No apology necessary, redsfn77. I didn't mean to sound that crabby! I think that each one of us will have something specific with their braces that bothers and/or concerns them. For quite a while, it was my elastics - I thought that was the worst part of the braces experience for me. Now, after wearing them 24/7 for 8 months, I only have to wear them at night. What a relief! The problem with the Damon doors is a more intense experience, but it doesn't happen every day. Elastics are always there.

And, I had the sticking door problem with my Damon 2's.

Thanks for responding! It was very nice to read your encouraging words.

Betty Bat

#17 Post by Betty Bat »

Thanks to you, also, Meryaten. As I said earlier, each one of us has or will have a different "stressor" with braces. I know that you have had your share also. Congratulations to all of us, for sticking it out through the bad days that we might have.

bracedintx

#18 Post by bracedintx »

I have doors too. I moved several months ago and had to find a new ortho. He and his assistants had not started using self-ligating brackets yet. So I was their guinea pig :( I was sure my teeth were going to come out as they tried to pry open the doors. The assistant went to get the model of the bracket that the company sent to show how the brackets work--the thing was the size of my head!! We had a big laugh over that, which really helped reduce the stress level. I think they have put these brackets on all their new clients so now it's pretty easy on them. They haven't changed out my wires in a couple of months but I'm due for it next month...hoping for smooth openings :lol:
self-ligating metal brackets all around

JoeMama

#19 Post by JoeMama »

The door issues with the Damons really IS a pain (and my one complaint about these brackets). I didn't have any trouble until about 9-10 months in, and now they're terrible!! My othro brought me to tears trying to get one of them open/closed at my last appointment. I wish she would just replace that bracket. She blames it on "calcification". The Damon people really ought to work on this for their next model upgrade.
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

BracedBelle

#20 Post by BracedBelle »

I mentioned the agony I was in last time I went for an appointment... my doors in an area of crowded bottom teeth were extremely painful to open, and I was in tears :(

Today I had to get my bottom wire off so I could go for a cavity filling. My crowded teeth on the bottom are lined up much better now, and the doors opened and closed with no problems!!! Thank goodness... I was so anxious before the appointment after the awful experience last time. Whew!!

drh20s

<message deleted>

#21 Post by drh20s »

<message deleted>
Last edited by drh20s on Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

MsViola

#22 Post by MsViola »

I am getting quite worried now - but I appreciate being forewarned.

I thought it was just me when they put on mine. When she closed the doors I felt like my teeth were going to pop out. Hopefully my teeth were just sensitive. I am praying now that there will be no problems that require tugging and pushing during my adjustment. My sensitve teeth will DIE!

I am a "tarter builder" so I have been very diligent with my oral hygiene and will continue to do so.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

Betty Bat

#23 Post by Betty Bat »

drh20s,
I'm one of those folks with the sticky Damon doors. According to my dentist, who I saw for a cleaning just last week, my hygiene is just fine and dandy. Thanks so much for your concern on this topic.

Now, here's a question for you. Do you come to this web site just to hype Damons? If so, it's not working.

BracedBelle

#24 Post by BracedBelle »

Doors that don't open may be related to tartar buildup. How is your hygiene?
It's wonderful, thank you very much.

My ortho said that the doors sticking was due to an area of crowded teeth which caused the wires to bend and put pressure on the doors. It appears to have resolved itself now that those teeth are straight.