Progress Pics after 14 Months!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracie381

Progress Pics after 14 Months!!

#1 Post by gracie381 »

Woo hoo, I finally made over the 1 year mark!! :D
I will say at first I thought I could never make it, but I've pretty much gotten used to my braces, just hate looking like I'm 12 sometimes!! I'm traveling to Key West in August and my goal is to get them removed by then!! Oh please!!! My ortho said August was a possibility, but he was pretty sure by October, they would be ready. Everybody please keep your fingers crossed for August!!! Anyways, hope all u guys are doing great. I apologize again for not getting on here as much as I should. I have just been so busy at work with the holidays just getting over and my niece plays ball 3 nights a week. Hope to get back on here more often now, but we'll just have to see if I ever get a clear schedule!! LOL! like that will ever happen. Hope all is well with ya. I had elastics added this past adjustment from my back molar to my eye teeth on both sides. I have to wear them 24-7 except when I eat, but they're really not that bad!! Here are some pics from my last adjustment 1-5-07.

THE VERY BEGINNING!! UGH! I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW BAD MY TEETH REALLY LOOKED UNTIL NOW!!

MY VERY 1ST MONTH IN BRACES!! AND YES I AM BITING ALL THE WAY DOWN!!

NOW AFTER 14 MONTHS

AFTER 2 MONTHS

AFTER 9 MONTHS

AND NOW - AFTER 14 MONTHS!!

7 MONTHS AND THAT PESKY LITTLE BOTTOM TOOTH JUST WOULDN'T MOVE!!!

FINALLY NOW - IT'S MOVED INTO PLACE! JUST HAVE TO FIX WHERE I CHIPPED IT BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL PLAYING BALL, BUT THAT WILL BE AT THE END OF TREATMENT!!

Hope this encourages all of you out there who are having second thoughts about getting braces!! I know that I made the right decision! I always thought it was too late, but it's never too late to have a beautiful smile. Thanks again for everyone's support on here. I couldn't have gone through this without ya! Talk to ya soon!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

Gennel

#2 Post by Gennel »

Progress looks beautiful! You never know ! You might get your wish for August debanding!

Gennel

manglemouth

#3 Post by manglemouth »

Looking great! :dance:

lisaemtp

#4 Post by lisaemtp »

Amazing progress! Congratulations!

Lisa

Kodius Champion

#5 Post by Kodius Champion »

That rocks the Casbah! Very nice! :D

M1k3y

#6 Post by M1k3y »

Awesome progress.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

ngbraces

#7 Post by ngbraces »

Hope this encourages all of you out there who are having second thoughts about getting braces!! I know that I made the right decision! I always thought it was too late, but it's never too late to have a beautiful smile. gracie381
Absolutely agree!

Amazing progress! :jump: :jump:

gracie381

#8 Post by gracie381 »

Thanks everyone for all your support. I love to hear all your feedback. Here's hoping for AUGUST!!!!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

Tin Indian

#9 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Congratulations on the Amazing progress Gracie! Your teeth and your bite look great.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

RainyDay2

#10 Post by RainyDay2 »

Great progress Gracie! I had my upper premolars extracted and I'm feeling so discouraged. My ortho is moving the canines back first and so I have pretty big gaps. I'm so sick of looking at the gaps. They make the four front teeth look pretty bad! :? I can't wait till they start moving the front teeth back! I dont' believe we're trying to close gaps just moving the canines back. I hope once we start "closing" gaps it goes a lot faster.

ghostmyimag3

#11 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Thats amazing!
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

sjsarre

#12 Post by sjsarre »

Excellent progress pics..

tin_grin

#13 Post by tin_grin »

Wow, Gracie, your teeth are BEAUTY-FULL! Congratulations! :-D
Braced: July 19, 2006
Debraced: April 21, 2008
Ceramic uppers & lowers

Nawners

#14 Post by Nawners »

Wow! They look awesome! And the yellow powerchain and ligs are fantastic...
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~

joney

#15 Post by joney »

Gracie

You are an inspiration to me. Not many here start with the dreaded openbite. It is really good to see somebody with similarities to me at the start of the journey. I will be over the moon if my teeth look any way as good as yours in a years time.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)