Tomorrow is Brace Day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dawnm

Tomorrow is Brace Day!

#1 Post by dawnm »

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm really excited and I can't wait to get this started! I'm getting my braces tomorrow at 8:00 and I'm totally excited!!!

I haven't posted much, but I lurk a lot and I just wanted to say that this board has been really helpful for me in preparing for my braces journey!

florencegal

#2 Post by florencegal »

Wow, how exciting! I remember well the amazing feeling just before getting braced, like setting off on a big round-the-world adventure.... And don't worry, the journey lives up to expectations! The hardest part of making the big decision and the life-changing appointment is all behind you, you just need to settle in and enjoy the next few months/years :D

All the usual advice as penned by kk and passed on by everyone else on the boards: toilet stop before settling into the chair, make sure you're hydrated, lip balm to smooth things over, have soft foods to hand in case you need them for the first few days... And savour every moment of the beginning of your big adventure - BEST OF LUCK!

Let us know how it goes

x

ghostmyimag3

#3 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Yeah definitely go to the toilet. I had to go twice in the 2 hours i was there. Its awful sitting in that chair having to go!!! And take some pain killers before you go!
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

SherwoodForest

#4 Post by SherwoodForest »

It is kinda exciting, isn't it? Tomorrow I get my first adjustment, and I'm just as excited as I was on brace day.

taylorhl25

#5 Post by taylorhl25 »

:D Good luck for tomorrow and I hope everything goes well :wink:

JoviFan

#6 Post by JoviFan »

Good luck --- piece of cake ! ROFL -- I can say that now, just had my uppers on Monday :) and I'm happy to say no real pain - just discomfort when I eat or brush/floss :) It's all good :)
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

dawnm

#7 Post by dawnm »

Well, after two hours in the chair, I'm braced!

So far, so good! I've taken some pain medication to hold off any pain (I have an issue with mouth pain!). My speech is pretty bad right now, but I'm happy that they're on!!!

dark_angel475

#8 Post by dark_angel475 »

Congrats to you!! Eat lots of mash potatoes and ice cream. lol.

What color did you choose :?:
[/url]

dawnm

#9 Post by dawnm »

I have Damon's so, sadly, no colors!

manglemouth

#10 Post by manglemouth »

How are you doing? :)

dawnm

#11 Post by dawnm »

Thanks for asking!

I'm doing alright. No real pain, just some discomfort. I've been doing the salt water rinses and I've found that rubbing my gums helps too. The turbos are pretty awful!

Days 2 and 3 were definitely worse than day 1. I'm hoping day 4 is GREAT!!

ngbraces

#12 Post by ngbraces »

OK. Now you have braces on already. Smile big :-#) and... take pictures! Yeah! take pictures from every angles, you will see how amazing the transforming process goes along your treatment.
Full Metal Mouth