I should be happy...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

invisagirl

I should be happy...

#1 Post by invisagirl »

Well I got the news (kind-of) that everyone waits for... Today I was told that if I'm happy with my upper teeth next month I can call and tell them to change my appointment from a normal adjustment to a debanding appointment (for the upper arch only). Thing is you wait and wait and wait for this day and I always envisioned both the upper and lower arch would be taken off the same day and that's not going to be the case. It just feels like less of a celebration cause I still won't be free from it all. I guess in the end it makes sense since the uppers did go on months before the lowers but I guess I always hoped for just one day to be done with it all.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

manglemouth

#2 Post by manglemouth »

That's understandable :) But guess what, until your lower braces come off, you can already smile at the whole world like you truly are done with treatment altogether because noone sees the bottom. So, at least you can pretend :D

Always look at the bright side! You've come a long way!

Jesslzz

#3 Post by Jesslzz »

I know, I guess I would be feeling exactly the same, is like splitting debanding day into two :cry: but I think that you will be so happy with your naked teeth that you will forget about the bottoms for a while!

You are almost there! :D :D :D

Full metalmouth!

ghostmyimag3

#4 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Well, at least you will be able to floss freely on the upper arch! ha ha. Thats a celebration within itself.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006