Spacers question???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pink77blondie

Spacers question???

#1 Post by pink77blondie »

Yesterday was my first ortho appointment... He did all the molds and x-rays and pics. and put in spacers... The spacers make my teeth really sore... and they almost feel loose... is this right???

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Spacers seem to be reported on here as the most uncomfortable part of the whole braces experience, and I have to agree. They are pushing your teeth slightly apart to make room for the molar bands, and that can be uncomfortable.

I found that the worst discomfort passed in about 3 days, I guess the teeth had moved by that time.

It'll get better honestly, hang in there!

spaced*out

#3 Post by spaced*out »

Well I just got 8 spacers put into my back teeth iIthink three days ago and one already popped out 3 hrs after I left because it wasen't put into my mouth right it was feeling loose so I had to call my orthodontist . I think they also feel loose when they pop out because the tooth may be getting ready. All I can say is stick in there. :)

spaced*out

#4 Post by spaced*out »

Well I just got 8 spacers put into my back teeth I think three days ago and one already popped out 3 hrs after I left because it wasen't put into my mouth right it was feeling loose so I had to call my orthodontist . I think they also feel loose when they pop out because the tooth may be getting ready. All I can say is stick in there. :)

dark_angel475

#5 Post by dark_angel475 »

Ugh! I hated spacers. They truley are the worse part of the braces experence so far!
And yah your teeth will feel a little wiggley in certain parts of the braces process. :?
[/url]

spaced*out

#6 Post by spaced*out »

How long were your teeth sore after they were put in? :?:

dark_angel475

#7 Post by dark_angel475 »

Weel they really hurt for abotu 4 days, then it was just a dull pain untill they were out.
But if you can stand this, you can stand the rest of it with a breeze! :D
[/url]

spaced*out

#8 Post by spaced*out »

I am at my third day with these horrid things everything gets stuck on them it bugs me . Thanks maybe the pain won't be as bad tomorrow . I get anything on the teeth they are between because it hurts so bad, but the good thing is my next app. is in thirteen days maybe they'll come out then.

dark_angel475

#9 Post by dark_angel475 »

They probably will come out then. I only had mine for a few weeks.
Don't you worry, the worse is over. :)
[/url]

spaced*out

#10 Post by spaced*out »

I hope so they did this because I have to have an RPE (rapid paletal expander) at 14 I am scared and mixed up in confusion , but i hope this is the worst of it.