Brushing with Sonic?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CanehdianGal

Brushing with Sonic?

#1 Post by CanehdianGal »

I've been debating to buy those expensive sonic toothbrushes. Today on sale I bought the colgate sonic for $3.99. OH MY GOD such a strange sensation. Stupid question..but how do I brush..lol I'm afraid I'll break the braces/wire etc..Do I slowly move it across each tooth, should I brush up and down with it?

2 and a half weeks since I've been braced an finally they are " starting" to feel a little better. Still tender front and bottom but 60% better.

CanehdianGal

#2 Post by CanehdianGal »

Thankyou Karen...Another question. Is there a short video somewhere on the web how to brush with braces?

ngbraces

#3 Post by ngbraces »

CanehdianGal,

Here is one of the websites providing brushing video:
http://www.appleortho.com/
Click on Oral Care Video, then Brushing

Happy brushing! :-}
Full Metal Mouth

CanehdianGal

#4 Post by CanehdianGal »

NG thankyou so much for the link to Oral Care...Awesome info for newbies.

By the way...What does a bite wafer do for the discomfort?

ngbraces

#5 Post by ngbraces »

I haven't used bite wafer. Here is some saying from the Net:
Bite wafer - Clench the bite wafer gently and intermittently between the teeth. This helps to increase blood flow to the roots of the teeth to help dissipate discomfort.
Hope somebody from the forum who has experience with bite wafer will let you know.
Full Metal Mouth

sstitt04

#6 Post by sstitt04 »

Hi. I am new to this forum but am so happy to have found it two months ago when I had my braces put on. I'm an adult and am so ignorant regarding braces.

My ortho gave me a free sonic toothbrush. They highly recommended me using it since it removes plaque build up better. It took me several weeks to get over the initial discomfort and anxiety in order to use my toothbrush with ease. Now I love it and highly recommend using it. Better removal of tartar and plaque and all i do it hold it in place while it does the work.