How long does it take to see noticable changes?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

looloog

How long does it take to see noticable changes?

#1 Post by looloog »

Its been 3 weeks and 1 day since being braced. I was just comparing phots, and I dont see much change yet :cry:
which begs the question: are these things really going to work!?!?!?!
I read somewhere that you notice changes between 2 and 6 weeks....I know everyone is differnt, but I would like to hear people experience with this....
ok ok maybe im being impatient......
I hope to get some pics up soon.
thanks!

JoviFan

#2 Post by JoviFan »

I was gonna suggest you post some pics and let us look and see if we see a change -- it's prob tough sometimes for us to see changes since we're constantly looking in the mirror! LOL
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

And they tell me I'm impatient....

Yes, braces do work and your teeth will move. You should be able to detect changes when you floss - that's a good indicator.

Taking pics during the course of treatment is a good idea if you want to track progress.

overseasmel

#4 Post by overseasmel »

I thought I saw a minute change after about 2 weeks, and after another week or two I could tell I wasn't just seeing things. ;)

Good luck :)

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

TheSarahMonster

#5 Post by TheSarahMonster »

I saw changes in about two weeks. They were very slight changes, but they are visible. My two front teeth used to overlap slightly. Now they don't. Also my lower canines seem like they are sticking up a little higher, compared to the rest of the arch.

acd

#6 Post by acd »

I didn't think much had changed until I recently compared current pictures with those taken three months ago when I initially got my braces put on. There has been a huge change so far but it probably took me about a month before I saw anything noticeable.

Pepper

#7 Post by Pepper »

My teeth move really fast. It all depends on your situation. You can't really give a set time for anyone. I noticed changes after a week. Some people don't notice changes for a month or so. It really varies.

platinum

#8 Post by platinum »

I think teeth like to move if they a free to move. Some teeth are sort of locked, they can't move before the teeth next/on the top has moved.
I have one bracket pulling one teeth to arch. There is two teeth tipping over it. That teeth really hurts. Poor tooth, just pulled forward even though it can't move :(

choccyface

#9 Post by choccyface »

Three weeks and 1 day here too!

...and no movement that I can see too :(

Keep taking the photos though and comparing, as I am.

Sarah x

ChooChooo

#10 Post by ChooChooo »

I noticed the most changes about 1 week after my first adjustment. My bottom teeth have straightened out quite a bit and my one tooth on the bottom that was slightly turned in has almost aligned! With my tops I haven't noticed much change at all :(

jefferson24

ME TOO????

#11 Post by jefferson24 »

I was just wondering the same question! I have been braced on tops only for 2 weeks and after 10 days realized my bite has changed. I am concerned though because the ortho told me that the tops needed to move right and from the bite it seems to have all gone left. URGH! There is so much stress at the beginning. I bet by the time we get them off we will be pros too!

the trooper2

#12 Post by the trooper2 »

i saw change after 2 days.I've had my braces a month today and my teeth have changed dramatically :D

choccyface

#13 Post by choccyface »

I have been braced for 5 weeks now and at last I can see movement!

I first noticed last week that I had several teeth that have gaps between them, now I have another couple of gaps - the teeth no longer touch and I can use an interdental brush between them. I am really excited and even more positive now.

Sarah

choccyface

#14 Post by choccyface »

I have been braced for 5 weeks now and at last I can see movement!

I first noticed last week that I had several teeth that have gaps between them, now I have another couple of gaps - the teeth no longer touch and I can use an interdental brush between them. I am really excited and even more positive now.

Sarah

jefferson24

wires

#15 Post by jefferson24 »

Does anyone know if that wire movement happens before or after the teeth become loose feeling.
Thanks,
Angie