Movement already?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dawnm

Movement already?

#1 Post by dawnm »

I know this sounds crazy since I just got braced yesterday, but it seems like one of my front bottom teeth has already moved. It's hitting the bracket of the next tooth over.

I don't want to overreact and call the ortho because I know they know what they're doing, but the tooth in question is more crooked than it was yesterday. Is it possible that they have to go a little more crooked before they straighten out? There is a lot of crowding down there, so at this point, there isn't much room for it to move.

Is this normal?

ishasha

#2 Post by ishasha »

dawnm, it's normal. I was braced at 11am on my brace day. When I was having dinner that day, one of my upper incisors bit onto my lower teeth and it hurt me so much. :( :)
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

Sometimes they can start to move pretty fast. And often it seems worse before it gets better.
Don't panic!

onedayperfect

#4 Post by onedayperfect »

Mine have moved alittle in the first few days, closed up the gap at the front, nothing amazing though!

JoviFan

#5 Post by JoviFan »

From your experiences, does it take longer to see changes, the older you are???
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

SimInsomniac

#6 Post by SimInsomniac »

Great that you're seeing movement already. :D
It's perfectly normal, and it may well be a case of one step back, two steps forward, so don't worry if they look more crooked, they'll improve after for sure! It's all part of the progress and at the end it will be worth it!

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

JoviFan

#7 Post by JoviFan »

KK wrote:
From your experiences, does it take longer to see changes, the older you are???
JF I asked my ortho this question and he said in nearly all bite types, the average time for treatment (in his experience) is the same. He added that most adults have far superior oral hygiene, which is also good for assisting with ortho treatment. They nearly always follow instructions more consistantly and are more active in the treatment. All these thing help treatment flow more easily! :jump:
Thanks Karen - that makes sense -- I've been brushing constantly since Monday ! LOL ---
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07