new...B day is tue.!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cb4886

new...B day is tue.!!

#1 Post by cb4886 »

Hello! Well tue is my brace day and im sooo nervous! I had my spacers put in wednesday and that was the most painful thing ever... plus im pregnant, so im doing a double whammy sort of thing!
any advice for a new timer?!

thesallymonster

#2 Post by thesallymonster »

Hey, we have the same b-day! :D
*The Sallymonster*

Now in elastics, too! Since 2/25/09.

dawnm

#3 Post by dawnm »

Definitely follow kk's advice!

I got braced last Thursday.. the first day was okay, the 2nd and 3rd days were much worse! But, on the 4th day, it all turned around and I've had a few good days in a row!

My advice is to allow yourself a few days to get used to them and don't get frustrated that you aren't adjusting quickly enough. I went into this adventure with the attitude that they were "no big deal" and I'd be fine! Well, in all honestly, they are a big deal for a short adjustment period... but not I'm fine and back to feeling really, really good about my decision to get braces.

Good luck!!!