3rd and 4th Adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tyrablu

3rd and 4th Adjustment

#1 Post by tyrablu »

My third and fourth adjustment have passed, I didn't have time to update.

My lowers have been on since October '06. I have had one wire change and a new power chain every 4 weeks when I go in for an adjustment. The spaces on the bottom have closed quite a bit (sorry I dont have pics).

My uppers were just braced on 02/05/07. They needed to push my lowers back to get room for the top arch. My ortho had said I would have gotten my upper arch on 6 months into treatment, however they decided to do them now. So I guess this means my progress is going good.

I must say I feel weird with a mouth full of metal. Before it was just my bottom arch, which hardly anyone noticed. But I have no regrets. I just hope I get them off sooner than the 2-2.5 years that the ortho gave me.

By the way my treatment is to close spacing on both my top and bottom arch. And to also coordinate the arches (that what my chart says).

Till next time
TB

plsandiego

#2 Post by plsandiego »

I loved the early adjustments. All that they did was to change the ligs and pull the wire. The more crooked your teeth are the easier it is. The straighter they are you don't look forward to the next month. :evil: