3 days

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pink77blondie

3 days

#1 Post by pink77blondie »

I will get braced on Friday!.. I am really nervour but excited. I am just so happy that I will have a pretty smile for the first time in my life. I have spacers now and they hurt but I know it will all be worth it!

Is there anything I should do to get my mouth ready for getting braced? and will the dentist give me wax??

ema27

#2 Post by ema27 »

Dont be nervous-braces arent that bad-it might take you a couple of days to get use to your new look but youll adapt soon enough.Keep on to the fact that it will lead you to your new smile-all the best-ema

dawnm

#3 Post by dawnm »

Follow the advice that kk provided. It was a big help to me.. i was braced on 2/1.

When I was having discomfort for the first few days (which I'm happy to report has gone away and I'm only on day 6!), I kept telling myself "Eyes on the prize" and remembering WHY I decided to get braces in the first place.

Good luck!!!

JoviFan

#4 Post by JoviFan »

Pink- I know what you're going thru - just got braced 8 days ago -- piece of cake, really... took about 1.5 hours for xrays and getting my upper brackets on.....it's a little wierd have those 'expander' thingy's holding your mouth open, but that's it......I do have to watch what I eat...different teeth are sensitve/sore different days...I've been sticking pretty much with softer stuff...only had 2 bites of steak the other day.....will move onto chicken I think tonight :)
Now, If only my headach would be gone! I've had one since day 2, it's not 'horrible' but nagging....argh, I hope this isn't the way it will be thru my entire treatment!!! that's worse than my teeth!!!!!!!!!
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07