tinnitus AFTER the braces are off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

maia1orual

tinnitus AFTER the braces are off

#1 Post by maia1orual »

well, i am nowhere near getting my braces off. i don't even have them yet! haha i just have a RPE, and since i've gotten it on i've developed tinnitus. i had it just a little before, b/c i grind my teeth like a mad woman at night. . .and during the day. gosh. but, it's gotten a lot worse over the last 2 weeks. (i've had the RPE for 4) now, it's probably a combination of the RPE and stress (which of course makes me grind or clench my teeth) and the last 2 weeks have been incredibly stressful at work and at home. *sigh* what i want to know is this:

has anyone developed tinnitus while in braces, and then had it go away once the braces were off?

i'm just curious b/c hearing loss runs in my family =( and so if this is going to speed the hearing loss process. . . i'd rather have crooked teeth. thanks for any input you all can give! =)

Clo

#2 Post by Clo »

Hi,

I have this tinnitus about my whole life. It was bad before braces and it is now
,after braces, very bad. To this point that I fear I will need to do something about it.
I am losing "auditory contact" with the world a bit lately. It scares me a lot now.
So it got worse during having braces, so did my TMJ issues, but I do not know if
this deterioration is related to my braces experience. I experience that stress can
indeed make it worse, so maybe that is why it got worse now. Ah, I am not very helpful,
am I ? I really would like to find a solution for this issue though. This is annoying, isn't it ?