Still can't floss between two bottom teeth, ever have this p

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

Still can't floss between two bottom teeth, ever have this p

#1 Post by Kat »

It's almost been a month now, I'm starting to really wonder if they guled my two bottom teeth together. They did this once before with two other teeth, I'm going to be mad if this is the problem but am really am hoping it's not and just that the teth are real tight togerther sinse bracketing.

Ever have teeth so tight with the wire on you couldn't floss between them?

cheetahpants

yeah

#2 Post by cheetahpants »

I just got my braces yesterday and found that I couldn't floss between several of my teeth. Luckily, when the girl was showing me how to floss yesterday she happend to choose two teeth that had gotten the bonding stuff between them. She took the little metal hook tool and scraped it out. I have one of those metal hook deals at home (buy it from the drug store) so I scraped on the ones I couldn't floss between and it worked. I was able to floss between them.
Good Luck.

dawnm

#3 Post by dawnm »

I had adhesive between 4 of my teeth and could not floss. I had an SOS appointment to replace a lost turbo, and while I was there, the assistant used a pick to try to get it out. Didn't work, and the ortho had to basically sandpaper it out.

None of my teeth are tight enough that I can't floss.

onedayperfect

#4 Post by onedayperfect »

Takes me on average 25mins to floss due to my teeth been so tight! hopefully it will get easier :wink: