It's finally here...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

osubeanbags

It's finally here...

#1 Post by osubeanbags »

Friday, February 9th, 2:30pm ... my braces will go on =)

Hopefully it goes alright, I'm excited to get it over with - just thought I'd post it lol

ema27

#2 Post by ema27 »

congrats and may the journey begin!!!!!! :D

Tasha0313

#3 Post by Tasha0313 »

Congrats!! It will go just fine. Make sure you write down a list of questions (if you have questions) to ask your ortho about caring for your braces. The appointment when they put my braces on seemed to take forever, but that was cause I had a sheet of questions lol.

iBorg

#4 Post by iBorg »

Hopefully by now you're a full member of the club. This experience will hopefully make a positive improvement in your appearence and oral health for the rest of your life.

Once you get beyond "this looks different than I thought it would" sensation, take pictures with your braces. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board and enjoy the experience.

Mike
Last edited by iBorg on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

osubeanbags

#5 Post by osubeanbags »

Thanks everyone! Braces are on! It went pretty well, took about 1.5 hrs to sign in, get them on, and leave. They don't hurt, but I can definitely feel some pressure (it's been about 8 hrs). So far my biggest problem is eating lol ... I'm afraid that I'll break a bracket when I chew on food, so all I've eaten today is pudding and refried beans. I definitely can't wait to get them off, but I'm glad I decided to get them ... it'll be worth it in the long run. Once again, thanks to everybody who posted!