[?] Tooth Reshaping / Shaving / Contouring

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracketed

[?] Tooth Reshaping / Shaving / Contouring

#1 Post by bracketed »

ImageImage

I was reading how some orthos will finish your braces treatment by reshaping or contouring your teeth once your arch and bite are perfected. Is this true in every case? How should I ask my ortho?

I don't really want to sound arrogant to him, because I am only around 6 months in my treatment. But in the same way, I want to look forward to this. I've seen fantastic results with this, that braces alone cannot create by themselves. Anyone have any info this?

LondonLingual

#2 Post by LondonLingual »

Hey there,

I think you shouldn't feel arrogant at all and you are absolutely within your right to find out how exactly you can expect your treatment to be completed and what your finished results should look like. I imagine your ortho probably is waiting to see how your teeth look at the end before deciding how much reshaping they will need but meanwhile you might ask him/her about other cases and before and after photos. I have heard about two looks but found no info on them online. One is called the 'Hollywood Cut' and the other the 'Golden Arc'. I think the former is where all the bottoms of your teeth are shaped flat so they appear as one straight line all the way across your arch. In the latter each tooth is shaped with curving corners so they look tooth natural tooth shaped. I think i prefer the latter...

London lad... Linguals (http://www.ormco.com/products/promotions/PDF/stb.pdf) on top and ceramics (http://www.gacmystique.com/) on bottom! UPDATE: now have ceramics on top too after gave up on linguals 18 months in!!!