Blizzard

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gramsinbraces

Blizzard

#1 Post by gramsinbraces »

Darn!! I was so prepared thanks to everyone on here, I was suppose to get my top braces today and we are in the middle of a blizzard, Ortho office called early this a.m. to cancel,,so now have to wait until Feb. 27th. I would like to have these of before my 50th and I turn 48 friday.
Thanks all for helping me be ready for today
]

Top expander 12/2006
Top Braces Feb. 27, 2007
Top Expander removed 7/2007
Bottom expander 7/2007

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Well, seems that you get the consolation prize: celebrating your 48th without braces. The next 2 weeks will go quickly.

gramsinbraces

#3 Post by gramsinbraces »

Love the idea bringing in 48 without the upper braces, think I will have a STEAK! But Kiwi love the sounds of "50 being a Naked event" hmmmm sounds like fun. LOL By the way school is already called off for tomorrow again because of the blizzard, I work at a grade school cafe so love those Snow Days!
]

Top expander 12/2006
Top Braces Feb. 27, 2007
Bottom expander 7/2007

gramsinbraces

#4 Post by gramsinbraces »

Yes, I know and this is actually our 3rd snow day this year. So 3 extra days so far for us, I do believe after 5 snow days we don't have to add on any more days. WE have a scheduled 1/2 day off this thursday for school improvement day and then Monday for Presidents day, guess I should've planned a vacation! LOL
]

Top expander 12/2006
Top Braces Feb. 27, 2007
Bottom expander 7/2007

Ives

#5 Post by Ives »

To bad about the delay Grams, I know how you feel. I was originally supposed to get braces in august of 2005. My ortho decided I needed to take care of a severe TMJ problem first. Wore an appliance for about 15 months. That alone changed my bite considerably. Glad I waited. I have alot fewer headaches and jaw pain. Now that i'm getting closer the last few weeks are taking forever to get here. The sooner I start, the sooner i'm done.

PS - like the name, maybe after July i'll change mine to grampsinbraces.

:wink:

JumpTheDitch

#6 Post by JumpTheDitch »

It used to be 40 deg's, KK but that was 20 years ago, I think maybe it's changed a little now.

Back when we didn't have air con in the classrooms, once the mercury hit 40 degrees they stopped teaching. I later heard stories of people getting sent home from school but I went to regional schools that were over an hour away from home for which we had to catch several buses so they couldn't really get us all home. They used to stop the classes and bring us icy poles and drinks and we'd sit around and chat. No snow days though!

marcy

#7 Post by marcy »

I sympathize. My appointment to get uppers and lowers was cancelled today. I have no idea when I'll be able to get back in. :(

gramsinbraces

#8 Post by gramsinbraces »

Marcy, Hopefully soon, sure you'd like to get this going asap like me. Hang in there, was yours due to the Blizzard of 2007 also?

Thanks all[/b] your post were so fun to read, going to enjoy my Birthday with a big ole steak. If we can dig the grill out of the snow might have hubby grill out,,lol..

[color=darkred]HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL[/color]
]

Top expander 12/2006
Top Braces Feb. 27, 2007
Bottom expander 7/2007

marcy

#9 Post by marcy »

Grams,

Yeah. I'm in the DC area. Big icy mess here.

Soon!